Troy University prepares for second annual Student Appreciation Day on April 6
Posted: Friday, 25 March 2016
TROY - Troy University faculty and staff will show their appreciation for students during the University's second annual Student Appreciation Day on Wednesday, April 6.
Students will be able to enjoy free food, prizes and activities at all four of TROY's campuses in Alabama, and support centers throughout the United States. TROY Online students will also have the opportunity to win prizes throughout the day through Trojan Café.
The theme of this year's event is "Making a Difference at Troy University."
"April 6 is the day faculty and staff have the opportunity to demonstrate to all TROY students that it is truly a privilege for us to help mentor and guide students' academic success at Troy University," said Dr. Dionne Rosser-Mims, president of the Faculty Senate and chair of the Student Appreciation Day advisory council. "It is also a wonderful way to promote Trojan pride."
During the day, student winners of $100 book scholarships from Barnes & Noble will be named as a part of Student Appreciation Day Book Scholarship contest.
Student Appreciation Day activities by location include:
- Troy Campus, Bibb Graves Quad: refreshments from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.; pizza and soft drinks from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; prize give-aways every 15 minutes from the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs; give-aways from Barnes & Noble; and a photo booth presented by the Office of Admissions.
- Dothan Campus: drawings will take place throughout the day with the registration box in the lobby of Malone Hall; coffee and cookies available from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Malone Hall foyer; pizza party on the Quad from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Montgomery Campus: refreshments served at two different times throughout the day to accommodate both daytime and evening students; a scholarship give-away and bookstore merchandize give-aways; information tables for campus student organizations.
- Phenix City Campus (Hwy 431 and Riverfront campuses): Nightly drawings for prizes throughout the week; refreshment and goodies each evening from 5:15 p.m. EST to 6:15 p.m. EST; information booths.
- TROY Online: Give-aways throughout the day in Trojan Café, including $50 Barnes & Noble gift cards and TROY flash drives, t-shirts, photo frames, tote bags and tumbler cups.
- Fort Gordon: A hotdog lunch and TROY binder notebooks will be provided.
- Sumter: Light refreshments and door prizes.
- Atlanta/Covington: All currently enrolled students will receive a small gift along with a hand-written note. In addition, both sites will be making goodie bags and offering light refreshments throughout the week.
- Brunswick: refreshments and prize give-aways prior to evening classes Monday through Thursday. Refreshments and games with prizes throughout the day on April 6.
- Augusta: Monday through Friday the students will be greeted when they arrive and given goody bags consisting of t-shirts, stress balls and koozies.
- Fayetteville: Scavenger hunt and other contests such as "How Well Do You Know TROY" and "TROY Jeopardy." Refreshments and prize give-aways on April 6.
- Clarksville: Refreshments and prize give-aways.
- Albany: TROY give-away bags and door prizes.
For additional information on Student Appreciation Day, visit www.troy.edu/appreciation