TROY – Five Trojans are among those vying for the title of Miss Alabama 2013, currently under way near Birmingham.
An entering freshman, an alumna and three current students – including two Miss Troy Universitys -- all hail from Troy University in the pageant.
- Jamie Brooks, a Master of Public Administration graduate student from Altoona, who is competing as Miss Shelby County;
- Kandice Cleckler, an entering freshman from Clanton who plans to study physical therapy, who is competing as Miss Chilton County;
- Caitlin Crowe, a senior broadcast journalism major from Tuscaloosa, who is competing as Miss Troy University;
- KeLeigh Edwards, a senior elementary education major from Smiths Station and Miss Troy University 2012, who is competing as Miss West Central Alabama; and
- Amanda Ford, a broadcast journalism graduate from Helena, who is competing as Miss Cahaba Valley.
Miss Alabama 2013 will be crowned on Saturday.