The TROY Office of University Relations works to promote Troy University in the community, state, region and nation.
Duties of the office include writing press releases and feature stories about Troy University, handling special events planning and coordination, legislative/governmental affairs, producing the Troy University Magazine for alumni, and writing and producing special publications.
The office also produces the bi-weekly TROY Today newsletter for faculty and staff and TROY2U, an e-zine designed to keep alumni and friends abreast of the latest TROY news.
Office of University Relations
253 Adams Administration Building
Troy, AL 36082
Phone: (334) 670-3196
Fax: (334) 670-3274
The office also maintains an extensive press release archive.
- Tom Davis, Director, (334) 670-3981.
- Clif Lusk, Coordinator (media affairs), (334) 670-5888
- Andy Ellis, Coordinator (publications), (334) 670-3199.
- Matt Clower, Coordinator (Dothan, Montgomery, Phenix City), (334) 808-6313.
- Regina Ryals, Publications Design Specialist (Montgomery), (334) 241-9585
- Tessa Brown, Admin. Assist/Vice Chancellor (Phenix City), (334) 448-5111
The Office of University Relations produces a number of yearly and weekly publications. These include:
Troy University Alumni Magazine
Troy University Media Resource Guide
For the Media
The Office of University Relations maintains a number of on-line resources for the news media:
- Expert Directory: Contains contact information, biographical sketches and photos of TROY expert sources.
- Photo Gallery: Downloadable photo files and cutlines of current University events and news
- Radio Actualities: Downloadable audio files suitable for rebroadcast on commercial radio and television stations. This page also contains PSA's and video products.
- Usage Agreement: Contains guidelines for using print and broadcast products.
Other TROY News Sources
The Office of University Relations works closely with other university departments to produce and distribute news releases about Troy University. These departments include:
Faculty and Staff Support
The Office of University Relations assists University-related faculty, staff and student organizations in developing news releases, media advisories and event promotion. Faculty, staff and student leaders should contact the University Relations staff to coordinate all releases to the media and the public.
Submissions for campus publications (TROY2U, TROY Today, TROY Magazine) should be directed to Andy Ellis.
Submissions for external release (press releases, media advisories) should be directed to Clif Lusk.
To request special event coordination, contact Tom Davis.
Guidelines for Submission
Story ideas are welcomed. Please include the basic following information in any submission:
- Basic facts of the story, issue or event (who, what, when, where, why)
- A point of contact for UR staff follow up
- Identify, in left to right order, all people in a photograph
- Correct titles of individuals in stories or photographs, and student names, classification and hometowns
- If for media release, please indicate media outlets requested, or if information is for an individual achievement or recognition, the name of the appropriate media outlet
Troy University maintains various event and academic calendars which are published for viewing by students, staff, and the public. These include: