Reaching Out, Giving Back
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Location: Troy University, Dothan Campus 500 University Drive
Dothan, Alabama 3630
Registration for this event is now closed as we have reached our maximum capacity. We look forward to your participation next year.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2019
Local high schools are invited to participate!
This program is free of charge.
Participation is limited to the first 200 registrants.
Due to the fantastic turnout at last year's event, we would advise registering as early
as possible to secure your school's spot.
Nature of Program:
The purpose is to:
- Enlighten high school students about careers in business.
- Engage participants in business workshops.
- Enable participants to network with business professionals.
- Present participants an opportunity to apply knowledge of business concepts through the business plan, financial investment, and best booth marketing competitions.
The program consists of:
- Overview of breakout sessions
- Breakout sessions – Finance, Social Media Marketing, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, College Prep, and more
- Panel of alumni business professionals
- Lunch, networking
- Business Plan, Financial Investment, and Best Booth Marketing competitions
- Awards ceremony
- Attendance per high school is limited to 30 participants.
- Details of the business plan, financial investment, and best booth marketing competitions are attached below. They will also be sent out via hard copy with the informational packets mailed to your school.
- Schools are not required to participate in the competitions but are encouraged to do so.
- Awards will be given to the winners of the Financial Investment and Best Booth Marketing Competition.
- Scholarships will be awarded to the winning team of the Business Plan Competition.
Schedule of Events and Competition Documents
Market Watch Trading Game How to Trade Stock
- Dr. Lane Boyte-Eckis
- Dr. Carmen Lewis
- Ms. Kay Petersen
- Dr. Skip Ames, Troy University
- Ms. Precious Freeman, BFC Management
- Ms. Vanessa Riley Harris, Ladi Vee’s Etiquette and Consulting
- Mr. Rick Jenkins, Freedom Payment Systems
- Ms. Rebecca Johnson, Troy University
- Mr. Billy McCarthy, CapSouth Wealth Management
- Mr. Hunter Mozingo, CapSouth Wealth Management
- Ms. Tiana Patrice, Women’s CEO Alliance
- Dr. Dewey Todd, Troy University
- Dr. Richard Voss, Troy University
Business Partner Panelists:
- Mr. Bill Belcher, Troy University (Emcee)
- Ms. Rachael Conrad, Two Egg TV
- Mr. Mackroyce Corbitt, Computer Printing Etc.
- Mr. Aaron Gartlan, Esq, Hogg & Gartlan Law Firm
- Mr. Andy Hoekenga, Coleman Worldwide Moving
- Ms. Dara Jones, Women’s CEO Alliance
- Mr. Jeff Koch, Chick-fil-A Dothan
- Ms. Stacey Livingston, City of Dothan
- Ms. Jean Shepherd, CPA, Troy University
- Mr. Jason Williams, Sysco
For more information, contact:
Associate Dean of the Sorrell College of Business
500 University Drive
Dothan, Alabama 36303