The Troy University Fact Site is a compilation of data to include all Troy University locations. The TROY Fact Site is intended to be a reference with quantifiable data about students, faculty, staff, financial and physical resources. It serves as a source of facts about Troy University and is used by administrators, faculty, staff, alumni and others who may need information.
Troy University Mission with Institutional Goals
Troy University is a public institution comprised of a network of campuses throughout Alabama and worldwide. International in scope, Troy University provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body in traditional, nontraditional and emerging electronic formats. Academic programs are supported by a variety of student services which promote the welfare of the individual student. Troy University's dedicated faculty and staff promote discovery and exploration of knowledge and its application to life-long success through effective teaching, service, creative partnerships, scholarship and research.
Institutional goals refer to the central themes of the mission. They enable the mission and stand as major areas for institutional development. As derived from the Troy University mission, below are the institutional goals of the University.
- Provide an international scope to university programs and services
- Provide a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in traditional, nontraditional and electronic formats
- Maintain a diverse student population
- Provide services that promote the individual welfare of student
- Maintain a dedicated faculty and staff
- Promote discovery and exploration of knowledge dedicated to life-long learning success
- Ensure effective teaching
- Ensure the development of creative partnerships, scholarship and research
- Ensure efficient and effective operations and provide resources as needed to implement institutional mission, goals and objectives
Accolades and Points of Pride
- CollegeChoice.net ranked Troy University 15th in its “Best Online Master’s in Adult Education” rankings and 1st in its “Most Affordable Online Master’s in Adult Education” rankings.
- College Consensus has named Troy University to its “100 Most Affordable Colleges and Universities 2018” rankings.
- AffordableCollegesOnline.org has ranked Troy University 4th nationally in its “Top Online Political Science Degree Programs 2018-2019” rankings.
- TheBestSchools.org ranked Troy University number one nationally in its “Best Online Bachelor’s in Social Work Programs” and “Best Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management Programs” rankings. TROY was also ranked 5th nationally in the “30 Best Online Master’s in Elementary Education Degree Programs” rankings and 5th in the “10 Best Online Bachelor’s in Anthropology” Degree Programs rankings.
- TheBestSchools.org has ranked TROY 3rd in its “Best Online Colleges in Alabama” rankings.
- OnlineDegrees.com has ranked TROY 3rd in its “Top Online Colleges in Alabama” rankings.
- U.S. News and World Report named TROY to its “2019 Best Colleges – Regional Universities South” list and ranked the University 19th in its “Most Innovative Schools – Regional Universities South” rankings.
- OnlineColleges.com has ranked Troy University 3rd in its “Best Online Colleges in Alabama for 2018-2019” rankings.
- Sports-Management-Degrees.com has ranked 1st in its “Top 25 Best Sports Management Bachelor’s Degree Programs” rankings.
- CollegeAffordabilityGuide.org has included TROY in its “Top Online Schools 2018” rankings for four different degree programs. TROY was ranked 4th nationally as a top online school for sports management, 7th for criminal justice, 14th for psychology and 15th for public administration.
- The Princeton Review has listed Troy University in its “Best in the Southeast” rankings for the 14th consecutive year.
- MasterofFinance.org has ranked TROY’s bachelor’s in accounting program in its “Top 20 Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s in Accounting 2018” rankings.
- BestCounselingDegrees.net has ranked TROY in its top “10 Most Affordable Online Master’s in Adult Education” rankings. TROY came in at number 8.
- BestValueSchools.com has ranked TROY’s online master’s in second language instruction 18th in its top 30 “Master’s in English Language Learning Online Degree Programs.”
- TheBestSchools.org has ranked TROY’s master’s in elementary education program 5th in its “30 Best Online Master’s in Elementary Education Degree Programs” rankings.
- CollegeChoice.net has ranked TROY fourth in its national “Most Affordable Online Master’s in Elementary Education” ranking.
- TheBestSchools.org has ranked TROY’s bachelor’s program in sport management first in its ranking of the “14 Best Online Bachelor’s in Sport Management Programs.” The master’s program in sport management was ranked 11th in the BestSchools’ “25 Best Online Master’s in Sport Management Degree Programs.”
- OnStage Blog, an international theatre blog, has rated Troy University as one of the five most underrated theatre colleges in the southeast for 2018. The theatre program was recognized for provided students with the opportunity to “hone their skills in all areas of Theatre – performance, production, design, management, technology, directing – and gains hands-on, practical experience with students of all ages through Theatre Ed classes, courses in the College of Education, and their annual Summer Spotlight series.”
- TheBestSchools.org has ranked TROY’s graduate management program sixth in the country in its “Best Online Master’s in Management Programs.”
- Niche.com has ranked TROY as one of the 15 safest colleges in Alabama. The rankings are based on factors, including: crime rate on campus property, crime rates in surrounding community, reports of residence hall violence, alcohol and drug-related arrests on campus and a student survey on safety.
- GreatValueColleges.net has ranked TROY seventh in listing of the “Top 30 Great Value Colleges for a Master of Science in Nursing Online 2018.”
- Veshonte Brown, a junior Theatre and Graphic Design double-major from Gautier, Miss., was selected as the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival’s winner of the John Cauble College of Fellows Award for Arts Leadership. The award is a $5,000 cash prize and placement in a one-year, paid internship with the professional theatre of her choice in the United States.
- Chris Shaffer, dean of library services, was recently honored with the Alabama Library Association’s Distinguished Service Award.
- CollegeChoice.net has ranked TROY 43rd in its listing of Most Affordable Online Graduate Schools for a Master’s Degree.
- Claire Humphreys, a TROY psychology major, has been awarded a U.S. Department of State Critical Language Scholarship to study Korean in an 8-week program in Gwangju, South Korea this summer.
- TROY Public Radio’s Kyle Gassiott was awarded the Alabama Broadcasters Association’s award for Best Reporter, Radio in a Medium Market, while Carolyn Hutcheson received an Award of Merit for Public Affairs Radio in a Medium Market for her program “In Focus with Carolyn Hutcheson.”
- CollegeChoice.net recently recognized TROY’s bachelor’s degree in Human Services in two categories. The program was ranked 4th nationally in Most Affordable and 21st nationally in Best Online Human Services Program.
- TROY TrojanVision News won two national awards from the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System for Best Television/Video Newscast and Best Television/Video Promotion.
- TopAccountingDegrees.org has ranked Troy University’s online bachelor’s degree in accounting 7th in its listing of Most Affordable Online Accounting Degrees.
- CollegeChoice.net ranked Troy University 20th in its rankings of Most Affordable Online Colleges and Universities.
- Hank Dasinger, dean of the College of Education, has been appointed to the Personnel and Compensation for the USA Olympic Diving Team’s National Governing Board.
- Walter Givhan, Senior Vice Chancellor for Advancement and Economic Development, has been named Chairman of the Alabama Historical Commission.
- Best’s Review magazine recognized TROY’s Risk Management and Insurance program as being among the top 20 programs nationally.
- TheBestSchools.org has ranked the School of Social Work and Human Services online bachelor’s program in human services 23rd in its Best Online Programs in Human Services.
- SR Education Group has included TROY in its 2018 Top Military-Friendly Online Colleges rankings and also ranked TROY 10th nationally in its 2018 Top Yellow Ribbon Online Schools list.
- The Open Education Database ranked Troy University’s undergraduate computer science program 13th in its Top Online Bachelor’s Information Technology Programs.
- U.S. News and World Report has named Troy University to several rankings for its online programs. TROY was recognized in the listings for Best Online Graduate Business Programs, Best Online MBA Programs, Best Online Graduate Education Programs, Best Online Bachelor’s Programs, Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs and Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs.
- Troy University’s Rosa Parks Museum has been included as a site on the United States Civil Rights Trail. The museum is one of nearly 150 historic sites related to the Civil Rights Movement, spanning 14 states that make up the new national trail.