TROY University (TROY) is an international university that holds its worldwide reach and impact in high regard. TROY strives to provide every student with an international experience through its network of partnerships with universities around the world.
The Center of International Languages and Cultures (CILC) is part of TROY’s global mission. CILC provides education courses that develop language, culture, and critical thinking skills.
The mission of The Center of International Languages and Cultures is to:
- Train educators to be aware of international contexts, influences, and applications.
- Instill sensitivity to cross-cultural and diversity issues.
- Offer programs that enable students to use their language and culture skills effectively in their careers.
- Promote global cultural awareness through curricular, co-curricular, and international opportunities via language organizations, study abroad trips, international scholarship, etc.
- Serve as a community resource center on Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and English as a Second Language (ESL), as well as other languages and cultures.
- Act as a research center for scholars, providing appropriate technologies, systems, and resources for the study of foreign cultures and languages.
- Serve as a liaison for community organizations, government entities, and corporate partners on cultural and language issues.
- Champion international cooperation and education through local, national, and international community outreach.