Department of Counseling, Rehabilitation and Interpreter Training.
Counseling Program Admissions Checklist for Students
Students will submit his or her completed packet to the department at each campus/site. This includes:
- Letters of reference (3)
- Formal letter of intent (stating professional goals, reasons you want to be a counselor, and what you can contribute to the profession)
- Copies of test scores/transcripts submitted to the Graduate School
After submitting all required documentation to the Graduate Counseling Admissions
Committee at each campus/site, students will schedule an interview at the next available
At the time of the interview, students will complete an impromptu writing sample on a topic selected by the faculty.
At the interview, faculty will utilize a structured interview to allow for consistency in the selection process.
At the completion of the interview, the Graduate Counseling Admissions Committee at each campus/site will meet to discuss each applicant and make the decision on admission to the program.
Students will be notified in writing of the result.
ADRS Consumer Satisfaction Survey for Persons Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- M.S. in Counseling & Psychology – Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.S. in Counseling & Psychology – Rehabilitation Counseling
- M.S. in Education / Counseling & Psychology – School Counseling
- M.S. in Counseling & Psychology – Student Affairs Counseling
- M.S. in Counseling & Psychology – Substance Abuse Counseling
- M.S. in Counseling & Psychology – General Counseling
- Education Specialist – School Counseling
- Education Specialist – Community Counseling
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Post-Master’s Addictions Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Counseling Military Populations
- Certificate in Rehabilitation and Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Studies
- B.S. in Rehabilitation Counseling
- B.S. in Interpreter Training
Interpreter Training Program
Bachelor of Science
- Degree Maps
- Internship Placements
State Licensure Boards
- Augusta Assessment
- Dothan Assessment
- Florida Assessment
- Montgomery Two Year Assessment Report 2010–12
- Phenix City Assessment
- Troy Two Year Assessment Report 2010–12
Journal of Military and Government Counseling (JMGC)
- JMGC Information and Guidelines