Troy University is a proud partner of the City of Alexandria, VA. The partnership offers tuition scholarships to all full-time employees and all employees receiving tuition assistance. Scholarships are applicable to all University degree programs and certificate programs, at all University locations including TROY Online offerings. Proof of eligibility is required.
For more information, contact Michael Camden, Enrollment Coordinator, 757-512-2002 or email@example.com.
- 10% tuition scholarship to all full-time employees of the city of Virginia
- For assistance with the employee tuition scholarship, please contact Carmen Foster at 334-448-5121 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The tuition scholarship is effective for enrollment in future terms and will not be applied retroactively.
- Waived application fee
- Free unofficial transcript evaluation
- Access to TROY Career Services recruitment tool and job posting network, Handshake.
Employers may post jobs and internships for all TROY students to view and apply.
- Download this guide to using Handshake and start recruiting TROY students today: Handshake Guide for Partners
Customized marketing materials are available to promote the city of Alexandria + TROY partnership. To request these complimentary materials, please contact Lynne Firmin with Troy University Marketing at email@example.com or 334-670-5856.
Tuition & Financial Aid
All full-time employees of the city of Alexandria receive a 10% tuition scholarship for any degree program found in the above links. Current tuition costs and fees can be viewed here.
Troy University is committed to providing exceptional service to students and their families who apply for financial assistance. The Office of Financial Aid offers a variety of services and programs designed to help you find ways to meet the costs of education. We want you to succeed at Troy University.
For more information, go to http://troy.edu/financialaid/
Steps to receiving your partnership benefits
- You can contact your personal partnership liaison for assistance at any time. Your liaison is Michael Camden, Enrollment Coordinator, 757-512-2002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review admission requirements here: Undergraduate / Graduate
- Complete the Troy University Application for Admission at troy.edu/admissions. Important
information regarding your application process:
- If you have already created a myTROYU profile, you will need to login. If you have not yet created a profile, click “Create a profile” under the login button to do so. Once your profile is created and you are able to login, you will follow the “Next Steps” located at the bottom of the page to start your online application.
- In order for your application fee to be waived, you will need to enter a Partnership Number on the payment screen. Your partnership liaison can provide you with this code after proof of eligibility.
- To prove eligibility, Troy University will accept an email verifying employment sent from an official city of Alexandria email address which indicates the address of employment. The address of employment is required in order to verify the city of Alexandria location. Verification of participant eligibility shall be submitted to the partnership liaison and/or the participant’s designated student services representative.
- Submit transcripts, test scores, and letter of recommendation (graduate only) to Troy University at the address given to you by your partnership liaison.
- Complete Application for Financial Aid if desired: Financial Aid Website
- When the application is submitted, you will be contacted by an admissions representative that will help you through the admissions process for your selected academic program
- For new students, you will need to complete the admission process before registering for classes.
- Once you have registered for at least one class for the upcoming term or semester,
you will need to send an email to Carmen Foster at email@example.com from your work email address with the following information:
- Student Name
- Student ID Number
- Company/Agency of Employment
- Partnership Code
- Your tuition scholarship will then be applied to your account.
When can I apply to Troy University using these partner benefits?
The partnership with the City of Alexandria, VA and TROY was completed April 2017. A City of Alexandria, VA employee is eligible for these benefits once agreement is signed by both parties.
When will I start to receive the 10% tuition scholarship?
Your tuition scholarship will begin for the term in which you notify TROY of your partnership eligibility. In order for the discount to be applied, you must make the request to TROY within the FIRST WEEK OF CLASS. Credit will not be given for courses taken prior to the application of the partnership discount to a student’s account.
Who can I contact with more questions?
You may contact Michael Camden at TROY’s Hampton Roads Support Center, firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-512-2002.