TROYU Community Spirit
Features & Benefits | Degree Programs | Tuition | Financial Aid | Steps to receiving your partnership benefits | FAQs | Apply | Academic Calendar
As part of the TROYU Community Spirit program, Troy University seeks to partner with the cities outside of Alabama in which TROY operates a physical location. TROY’s Chancellor has approved a blanket partnership that allows for a tuition scholarship for these municipalities, pending a signed agreement by a designated city official.
The purpose of this partnerships is to facilitate the continued professional development and education of city employees through the vast degree programs and learning formats available at TROY. Additionally, this partnership with an academic institution facilitates a constant stream and exchange of ideas and concepts from creditable external sources. Participation in the TROYU Community Spirit program can enhance your city’s marketability as a community that encourages education among its workers. The common goal of our partner cities and TROY is to expand access to high quality educational opportunities for learners, consistent with the missions and stated objectives of both organizations.
- The City of Alexandria, VA
- The City of Covington, GA
- The City of Virginia Beach, VA
- The City of Alpharetta, GA
- The City of Atlanta, GA
- The City of Brunswick, GA
- The City of Dothan, AL
- The City of Duluth, GA
- The City of Milton, FL
- The City of Montgomery, AL
- The City of Ozark, AL
- The City of Panama City, FL
- The City of Roswell, GA
- The City of Winter Haven, FL
- Clayton County, GA
- Douglas County, GA
- Georgia Department of Revenue
- Glynn County, GA
- Gulf County, FL
- Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, FL
- McIntosh County, GA
- Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office, SC
- Pasco Sheriff’s Office-Pasco County, FL
- Santa Rosa County, FL
- Santa Rosa School District, FL
- Sumter County, FL
- Sumter County Sheriff’s Office-Sumter County, SC
NEW SCHOLARSHIP exclusively for new Troy University students who are eligible for one of our corporate partnership programs! Click here for scholarship details, eligibility requirements, and to apply for this scholarship.
Features & Benefits
- 10% tuition scholarship for in-class and online programs (Effective July 2014)
- Application fee waived (Effective July 2014)
- Free unofficial transcript evaluation
Please note: The tuition scholarship is effective for enrollment in future terms and will not be applied retroactively.
To inquire about your city becoming a part of the TROYU Community Spirit Partnership Program, contact your local Troy University office or TROY’s Corporate Partner Coordinator, Staci Hutto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-372-6044.
TROYU Community Spirit clients receive a 10% tuition scholarship rates listed below.
Troy University is committed to providing exceptional service to students and their families who apply for financial assistance. The Office of Financial Aid offers a variety of services and programs designed to help you find ways to meet the costs of education. We want you to succeed at Troy University.
For more information, go to troy.edu/financialaid/.
Steps to receiving your partnership benefits
APPLICATION FEE WAIVER (for new students only):
- Visit troy.edu/admissions, and select “Apply” on the right side of the top menu bar.
- If you have already created a myTROYU profile, you will need to login. If you have not yet created a profile, click “Create a profile” under the login button to do so.
- Once your profile is created and you are able to login, you will follow the “Next Steps” located at the bottom of the page to start your online application.
- In order for your application fee to be waived, you will need to enter a Partnership Number on the payment screen. Please contact the Troy University partnership liaison or your Troy University recruiter to obtain a Partnership Number.
- When the application is submitted, you will be contacted by an admissions representative that will help you through the admissions process for your selected academic program.
TUITION DISCOUNT (for new and existing students):
- For new students, you will need to complete the admission process before registering for classes.
- Once you have registered for at least one class for the upcoming term or semester,
you will need to send an email to Carmen Foster at email@example.com from your work email address with the following information:
Student ID Number:
Company/Agency of Employment:
The required Partnership Code:
- Your tuition scholarship will then be applied to your account.
- How do I know if my city is a participant in the TROYU Community Spirit Partnership
Contact your human resource department or your local Troy University location.
- When can I apply to Troy University using these partner benefits?
The TROYU Community Spirit Partnership Program was approved by Chancellor Hawkins in May 2014. An employee of a participating city is eligible for these benefits once a designated official from that city has signed the agreement. Please check with your local Troy University location or the Corporate Partner Coordinator to verify your specific city’s eligibility date.
- When will I start to receive the 10% tuition scholarship?
Your tuition scholarship will begin for the term in which you notify TROY of your partnership eligibility. In order for the discount to be applied, you must make the request to TROY within the FIRST WEEK OF CLASS. Credit will not be given for courses taken prior to the application of the partnership discount to a student’s account.
- Who can I contact with more questions?
The Troy University partnership liaison is Staci Hutto. Staci can be contacted at (334) 372-6044 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact a local Troy University recruiter for more information on programs in your area. To be connected with a recruiter in your area, please call 1-800-414-5756.
Visit troy.edu/admissions/ to apply today!