Troy University invites interested international scholars to complete the application linked below. The following items should be included in the application package which may be submitted online by scanned copy through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visiting Scholarship Application
- Passport biographical page
- United States visa page
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief description of your desired academic work while at Troy University
- Brief description of your current employment and your plans to return home following completion of the visitation to Troy University.
- Financial support statement in the form of a personal bank statement indicating a balance of $9,000. The bank statement should not be older than three months from the date of the application. An additional $5000 per dependent is required.
- Dependent passport biographical and United States visa pages if applicable.
Selection of the Applicant
Troy University will review your application and determine if your interests are closely related to our programs and/or faculty and that we are able to accommodate your academic goals. Prior to a formal invitation, Troy University will arrange a SKYPE interview between you, a faculty member of your academic area, and the Visiting Scholar Coordinator to determine adequate English proficiency. The U.S. Department of State requires all visiting scholars to have adequate English skills to perform in their academic field and in their daily living activities.
When the selection process is complete, an invitation letter, a DS-2019 immigration document and a medical history form will be sent to your home address. You will then be eligible to book a visa appointment.
Arrival at Troy University
Please email your flight information directly to the person noted in your invitation letter. Troy University will arrange for a shuttle bus to pick you up from the Montgomery, Alabama airport (MGM). If prior housing accommodations have not been arranged, you will be taken to the Super 8 Motel in Troy until adequate housing is secured. Please see Housing and Other Services for more details.