June 1, 1:30 p.m.: Chancellor Jack Hawkins, Jr. will announce the naming of the new Director of Bands at Troy University in his office in the Adams Administration Building. An opportunity for photo/video and interviews will immediately follow.
Although the band program at Troy University began in 1939, the band known as the "Sound of the South" was founded in 1965 by Dr. John M. Long, a member of the National Band Association Hall of Fame. During Dr. Long's 32-year tenure, the band program at Troy University established a national reputation through its many featured appearances at music conventions, concert tours and recordings with the symphony band, as well as nationally televised appearances by the "Sound of the South."
Contact Clif Lusk via email at email@example.com to confirm your organization's attendance.
Parking will be reserved in the small parking lot immediately behind Adams Administration (the "admissions" parking lot). This lot is accessible from University Avenue and is across the street from the Hawkins-Adams-Long Hall of Honor. University Avenue is closed due to construction at the new dining facility. To access the parking lot, turn on to University Avenue from the Sartain Hall end of the street and proceed to the building.