Confucius Institute (CI)
Over recent years, the Confucius Institutes' development has been sharp and they have provided scope for people all over the world to learn about Chinese language and culture. In addition ,they have become a platform for cultural exchanges between China and the world as well as a bridge reinforcing friendship and cooperation between China and the rest of the world and are much welcomed across the globe.
Confucius Institute is a non-profit public institute aiming at sharing Chinese language, culture and supporting local Chinese teaching through affiliated Confucius Institutes worldwide. Its headquarters is in Beijing, under the Office of the Chinese Language Council International (Hanban).
Confucius Institute at Troy University (CIT)
Confucius Institute at Troy University (CIT) is part of a global network of more than 500 Confucius Institutes in 50 countries, 170 Confucius Institutes currently in the United States, dedicated to the promotion and development of Chinese language education and cultural and business exchange with the People's Republic of China. With a start-up fund provided by Hanban, CIT is able to facilitate engagement with China in ways that strengthen the understanding, opportunities and bonds between the people of America and the people of China.
CIT is established as a response to the increasing need for learning Chinese in America. It is the first of its kind established in Alabama, an honor to the well-established Troy University. CIT provides professional Chinese language training to the community, as well as training for teachers of Chinese as a foreign language, develops teaching materials and curriculum and promotes educational exchange, research and cooperation between America and the People’s Republic of China.
CIT is built to establish mutual beneficial alliances with governments, corporations, educational and research entities and other institutions, to make CIT the center for China-related teaching, research and other activities at Troy University and in Alabama.
- Offer a wide variety of non-credit courses and programs in a variety of short and intensive formats
- Provide “Study in China” Programs for the students, teachers, faculties and communities in Alabama
- Become an exchange platform for visiting scholars, researchers and language teachers from the United States and China
- Be the window for mainstream America to learn about China and the Chinese culture
- Host Chinese language teacher training sponsored by Hanban
- Provide support to local Chinese community, such as school district and non-credit Chinese schools
- Foster a permanent place for the teaching and study of Chinese in Alabama K-16 school courses
- Hold Chinese Proficiency Tests (HSK-Basic, Elementary-Intermediate, Advanced, YCT-Young Learners, BCT-Business)
- Provide test preparation courses for Chinese Proficiency Tests
- Provide on-demand Chinese translation service to local businesses
- Make resources accessible to local Chinese language community
- Meet the increasing demand for certified teachers of Chinese both in Alabama and other parts of states
- Offer on-line and other innovative and flexible Chinese language learning courses for degree seeking students and for the general public
- Provide market-driven programs and services that will serve the needs of the local community and promote culture and business ties for economic developments between America and China
- Be the platform for promoting economy, trade, tourism and business between America and China
- Be the service provider to American enterprises that are currently doing or intend to do business with China
- Conduct pre-departure spoken Chinese training for travel studies and business groups
- Confucius Institute Headquarters: http://english.hanban.org
If you would like a copy of the annual report, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.