ACCELERATE your college career today!
Kick off your college career with this customized dual enrollment program that allows
you to do your schoolwork once and get credit twice. TROY's ACCELERATE students enjoy
the advantages of earning college credit while still in high school. Since all courses
are completed entirely online, this program is flexible enough to fit into any busy
schedule and offers a multitude of benefits for schools, students and families. What
are you waiting for?
ACCELERATE is set apart from other dual enrollment opportunities not only because it's a virtual learning environment. We take pride in our extensive course list, our unique, fast-paced academic calendar, and the personal attention we provide every ACCELERATE student.
The dual enrollment courses available through ACCELERATE are designed to transfer to any college or university. They can be used to satisfy the general education core requirement at the freshman or sophomore level of college. If you have questions about the transferability of your credits, check with the ACCELERATE Program Coordinator.
You must meet the following to apply for ACCELERATE Dual Enrollment Online:
• 20 ACT, 1030 SAT, or a letter of recommendation from a high school administrator
• Cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Must be in the 10th, 11th or 12th grade
Step 1: Determine eligibility for ACCELERATE Dual Enrollment Online by reviewing the admissions requirements.
Step 2: Discuss ACCELERATE with your guidance counselor. TROY must obtain permission via the ACCELERATE Approval Contract from your high school in order to process your admissions application for ACCELERATE Dual Enrollment Online.
Step 3: Submit the Online application for admission. The ACCELERATE program is located in the undergraduate online degree programs.
Step 4: Pay the nonrefundable $30 application fee via PayPal.
Step 5: Admissions documents should be sent to the Program Coordinator by mail at 100 University Park Troy, AL 36082 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 334-670-3733.
Step 6: Discuss course selection with the ACCELERATE Program Coordinator.
Hello, my name is Korrie Lynn James and I am the ACCELERATE Program Coordinator. I am a Troy graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and a Master of Science in Adult Education with a focus in Instructional Technology. As a previous educator, I value the importance in learning and relationships. When in high school, I in fact took part in Dual Enrollment which allowed for part of my academic success. My favorite two favorite things about TROY are the endless opportunities that TROY offers and the close-knit feel of family that you have for a lifetime.
No matter where you come from there is a place for each individual student within
the TROY family. In my spare time I enjoy visiting with family and friends, crafting,
cooking, reading, and traveling.
Let's talk about the investment in your college education and jump start College today!
Frequently Asked Questions
ACCELERATE Dual Enrollment Online is a dual enrollment program that allows students to take college courses while earning their high school diplomas. Students will receive high school credit and college credit at the same time. One great thing about ACCELERATE is that there are no extra classes to attend. It is an online learning program through TROY Online. So, all courses are completed online, which makes scheduling easier on your child.
Taking courses online means that all courses is communicated, completed, and turned in on the Internet. Your student will interact with professors and classmates via the computer, which means assignments and tests can be completed when your student's schedule permits. You will be amazed at what your student is capable of when put in control of his or her own learning environment!
- Preparation for college - Having a few college credits under their belts prior to high school graduation will give students an extra boost of confidence as they embark on their collegiate careers. The workload for ACCELERATE will give students a true representation of what will be expected of them in college. Their experiences will strengthen their time management and study skills while they are still surrounded by the safety net of home, family, and friends. Therefore, they will be more prepared for the demands of college by participating in the program. How many credits students complete before earning their high school diplomas will be up to each individual student, but it is possible to earn an associates degree by the time they finish their senior year!
- Higher grade point averages - On average, participants in dual enrollment programs have significantly higher cumulative college GPA than their peers who do not participate in dual enrollment.
- Enriching courses - Thanks to TROY's many resources, ACCELERATE Dual Enrollment Online is able to offer challenging and exciting classes that students might not otherwise have the opportunity to take. Students will interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, which is sure to broaden their worldviews and make them more well-rounded individuals. All instruction for the program will be provided by certified Troy University faculty.
- Save time and money - Your student's participation in ACCELERATE Dual Enrollment Online will save you money later. Because some credit is earned before entering the traditional university setting, students have the opportunity to finish college more quickly, which means lower college costs in the long run. Also, ACCELERATE students are not responsible for costs such as housing, meal plans, and others associated with the conventional college setting.
- Continue active role in education - Because your student will be taking university courses while living at home, you can continue to be a part of your student's education. We believe it's important for you to be there to help your student adjust to the workload of online college classes.
- A dual enrollment course is a college class taught by a qualified, college-level faculty member.
- When your student finishes an ACCELERATE course with a passing grade, he or she will not have to take the course again in college.
- Upon successful completion of a dual enrollment course, your student will be awarded both high school and college credit. For AP classes, college credit is only awarded if your student does well on the AP exam.
- A high school transcript and a college transcript are separately generated for each school.
- The students - Studies show that students who earn college credit in high school are more likely to continue their education after graduation.
- Families of high school students - College credits earned during high school ease the financial burden of full-time college tuition.
Tuition is $145/credit hour. There is a one-time Application fee of $30.
Book prices vary, but $100 for books for one course is a generous estimate.