Transfer Students | Troy University

Transfer Students

This is where you finish.

Our admissions staff is here to assist you in completing the application and enrollment processes. We look forward to helping you continue your college journey at TROY!

Troy University is proud to offer you an unofficial transfer equivalency report of your undergraduate transfer credits that you have already completed. This report will allow you to see how the course credits you have already earned may transfer into Troy University. To better understand your progress toward your degree with TROY, you can view the degree requirements in the TROY Academic Catalog.

To request an "Unofficial Transfer Course Equivalency Report," please send copies of your transcripts, your current zip code and a phone number where you can be reached to


Transfer Students: Did You Know?

18 credit hours of military service can be transferred in as a Military Operations Minor.

Up to 75% of your degree can be transferred into TROY.

TROY accepts the highest level of transfer credits possible compared to any other school.

50% of degree can be earned with military credits, CLEP, Dantes, DSST, and other non-traditional credits.

TROY makes every effort to provide our current students with the maximum amount of credit for their previous non-traditional education and training possible.

Get a FREE, unofficial transfer equivalency report of credits in less than 48 hours.

Transfer Admissions FAQ

Since 1887, TROY has been the University of choice for students who want a quality education and a vibrant on-campus experience. You will find academic programs that will challenge you and prepare you for your career, leadership opportunities that will let you build your confidence, and more. 

Transfer students are considered students who have attempted at least 12 hours of non-developmental coursework at another two-year or four-year institution. Students who fall into this category are not required to submit high school transcripts or test scores. Transfer applicants will be granted admission to TROY if they are in good academic standing at the last college attended and if they have an overall grade point average of at least a 2.00 on all college/university work attempted. Technical and/or remedial/developmental work is not considered in determining grade point average. Applicants who have been suspended from another institution for any reason must be eligible to return to that institution before being considered for admission to TROY.

Select the application for undergraduates and select the location you plan to attend.

1. Fill out the online application.

2. Pay the $30 application fee.

3. Submit your transcript(s):

Once an application has been submitted, please request all transcripts and test scores (Advanced Placement, ACT, SAT, etc.) to be sent electronically to or by mail to the address below

Troy University-Admissions
Attn: Transcripts
100 University Park
Troy, AL 36082

Students from Alabama community colleges are encouraged to utilize a STARS Guide in preparing to transfer. The guide is designed so that students can follow the course equivalencies for particular majors from the time they enter their community college to the time they transfer.

Call 1-800-414-5756 with additional questions on how to transfer to Troy University!

To apply for housing, students should send an application and a $100 non-refundable application fee to the Housing & Residence Life Office before the housing deadline on March 1. 

More Housing Information

Transfer Scholarships

For online students:

Online Transfer Award

For on-campus students:

Transfer Merit Award