Banner Image
Home | Student Life & Resources | Housing   Housing

Troy Campus Housing


We are so glad that you have chosen Troy University as your next home. Please use this website as a guide while you apply for housing, pack your belongings, and prepare to move in.

2024-2025 Housing Application VIEW DORM LOCATIONS   Move-in Guide   Housing Costs

Important Information for your Housing Application

Move-In Weekend: August 10-12

Applications require a $100.00 application fee. Fee can only be paid with a Mastercard or Visa (debit/credit card) only.

The Fall 2024 housing application will be available beginning October 2, 2023. The Summer 2024 housing application will be available beginning April 1, 2024.

October 1 is the priority deadline for Spring applications and March 1 is the priority deadline for Fall applications. Applications received after those dates are placed on a waitlist for housing. It may take up to 48 hours to access the housing application once you are admitted to the University.

The 2024 Fall Housing Application Form will close on May 31, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.  Anyone who applies between March 2, 2024-May 31, 2024 will be added to the Housing waitlist.  Assignments are not guaranteed for students on the waitlist as space must permit.

All incoming students under the age of 19* are required to reside on campus unless they are living at the stated home address with their legal guardian. Students applying for housing after the March 1 priority deadline (regardless of age) will be placed on a waiting list with no guarantee of on-campus housing, as space must permit. 

*Applies to students who are under the age of 19 prior to the first day of registration.

Troy University SOS Alerts

All TROY students are strongly encouraged to sign up for SOS Alerts upon arriving to campus. This is the best way to stay up-to-date on emergency alerts at Troy University. Follow the TROYUSOS Twitter Account below and click the link to sign up for text alerts. 

Sign up for SOS Alerts

Contact Us

Troy Housing Office

Housing Options

Housing Cost

Rushing Hall

$3,675 (Standard Single) 

$4,005 (Premium Single) 

$3,205 (1 Bedroom/2 People) 

Cowart Hall

$2,185 (2 Bedroom/Quad Style) 

Shackelford Hall

$2,185 (2 Bedroom/Quad Style) 

$2,325 (1 Bedroom/2 People) 

$2,530 (Single Room)*

*some single rooms may share a bathroom with another single room

Newman Center

$2,530 (2 Bedroom/4 People Suite) 

$3,375 (2 Bedroom/2 People Suite) 

Sorority Houses

$2,185  (excluding Phi Mu) 

Phi Mu


Fraternity Houses

$2,115 (Double Room) 

$2,895 (Single Room) 

Trojan Village

$3,545 (2 Bedroom/2 People) 

$3,190 (4 Bedroom/4 People) 

Clements Hall

$2,185 (2 Bedroom/Quad Style) 

$2,325 (1 Bedroom/2 People) 

$2,530 (Single Room)*

*some single rooms may share a bathroom with another single room

Pace Hall

$2,325 (2 Bedroom/4 People) 

$2,415 (1 Bedroom/2 People) 

$2,530 (Single Room)*

*some single rooms may share a bathroom with another single room

Honors Cottage

$2,415 (Single Room)

University Apartments

$485/month 1 Bedroom ** 

$515/month 2 Bedroom ** 

Cost Grid

Housing FAQs

Do I have to live on campus?

New incoming students who have not reached the age of 19 by the last date of regular registration for the fall semester must reside on campus, if not commuting from home residing with parents. The commute must be within a one-hour commute. New incoming students must apply by the housing priority deadline.

How long is the housing contract?

The Troy University Housing Contract is for the academic year (fall and following spring semester).

Can I reside off campus with anyone other than my parents if I’m under 19?

Students may reside off campus with grandparents, brothers or sisters that may live locally. An email requesting this must be submitted to the housing office from the parent/guardian stating they are requesting permission for their student to reside off campus with their grandparents or sibling. The letter should state the name of the person they would be residing with, the relationship to the student and the address. This letter is submitted to the Director of Housing for approval. There are special circumstances in which the student may have a legal guardian. This should be documented and accompany the request. The student when granted permission will fill out an off campus card with the address they will be living at and submit it to Housing for clearance of any holds. This living arrangement would be for that academic year (fall & spring semesters).

When/how will I be notified of my assignment?

New incoming students who apply by the priority deadline will begin receiving assignments mid-March through July. Assignment notifications are emailed to the student’s Troy University email account

What do I do if I didn’t get the dorm or roommate I requested?

Room and/or roommate change instructions will be listed in the assignment email. Change requests are not guaranteed as space must permit.

Do students with disabilities receive special consideration for dorm placement?

When students apply for housing, medical documentation can be submitted for review. The Housing Office will review the documentation and determine the placement based on need and space availability.  

Are meal plans required?

Students living in a dorm must have a residential meal plan; with the exception of students assigned to Pace Hall, Honors Cottage and Greek Housing. 

What are the different residential meal plans?

Please visit the Dining Webpage at myTROY - Dining Services

Are there laundry facilities on campus?

Each residence hall has a laundry room. Students can use quarters or put money on their Troy ID card to activate the washers and dryers.

Can I receive mail at my dormitory?

Students must purchase a University P.O. box to receive mail. Mail cannot be received at the dorm.

What items can I bring or should not bring to my dorm?
How do I contact the Housing Office?

Off-Campus Housing

Students under the age of 19 are required to live on campus unless approved by Housing and Residence Life. 
  • ERA Advantage Realty: 334-670-0900
    • Bradford Court
    • Thomas Circle
  • BlueKey Properties: 334-492-1619, (Al Renfroe, Owner)
    • Hillcrest Apartments
    • Highland Crossing
    • Notch Hill Downs
    • Three Notch Apartments
    • Trojan Crossing
    • Corman Ave Duplexes
    • Parkwood Townhomes
    • Willow Cottages
    • Camellia Apartments
    • Garden District on Folmar
    • Over 100 residential homes
  • David Adams Realty, L.L.C.: 334-566-3000
    • Creekside Way Townhomes
    • Elm Park Duplexes
    • Gibb Street Apartments
    • Mullis Street Apartments
    • Park Street Duplexes
    • Park Street Townhomes
    • Park Ridge Townhomes
    • Taylor Place Condos
    • Thomas Circle Apartments
    • 113 University Ave. Apartments
    • Residential homes
  • Mary Shirley Realty, Inc.: 334-566-6446
    • Trojan Commons
    • Walters Street Apartments
  • Huggins Real Estate, Inc.: 334-566-6446
  • Landmark Realty: 334-566-9000
  • Mills Properties (John David Mills Sr. and Carmelletta Mills): 334-566-7765
  • Real Estate Association of Alabama, Inc.: 334-566-5335 (Office), 334-372-3777 (Cell), (Diann E. Galimore)
    • New Heritage Apartments
    • Sorority Hill Apartments
    • Tanglewood Apartments
  • Saunders Property Management LLC: 334-770-7368
    • 201 University
    • 212 Dale Drive
    • 415 John M. Long
    • 511 John M. Long
    • Blackmon Street Apartments
    • Center Park Apartments
    • Center Park II Apartments
    • Collegedale Apartments
    • Park Street Apartments
    • Taylor Place
    • Trojan Arms Apartments
    • Trojan Palms Apartments
    • University Park Apartments
  • Trojan Realty: 334-556-0083
  • United King Realty: 334-566-8053
Mobile Home Parks
Other Properties

Transportation Options

University Shuttles

Watch buses move in real-time and set alerts for your favorite bus. Download the TransLoc app for free on the App Store or Google Play.

Personal Vehicle/Bike

There are bike racks located throughout campus for students to secure their personal bikes to. 

For more information on parking and vehicle rules and regulations, please visit the link below. 



Cookie Acknowledgment
This website uses cookies to collect information and to improve your browsing experience. Please review our privacy statement for more information.