Southeastern United States High School Concert Band Clinic and Honor Bands
February 2 - February 4, 2023 at Troy University
The Southeastern United States High School Honor Band Clinic will be held from February 2-4, 2023, and will host four high school symphonic bands. The bands will present a concert on Saturday, February 4, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
(Application due by November 18, 2022)
The S.E.U.S Honor Band reservation fee is $75.00. This includes participation in the event and a medal for each participant. You may send a school check, or individuals may pay online once registration opens. No personal checks will be accepted and will be returned which will delay the students' registration process. Please make school checks payable to "Troy University Foundation". NO REFUNDS CAN BE ISSUED.
- Dr. Marcellus Brown, Idaho State University
- Dr. Dustin Seifert, New Mexico State University
- Vince Rosse, Snellville, GA
- Zachary Harris, William Carey University
- Tyler Arcari (Composer in Residence)
- Sequoyah High School Symphony Band, Canton GA
- Hiram High School Wind Symphony, Hiram GA
- Troy University Symphony Band, Troy AL
Parents, guardians, and/or band directors will make their own hotel reservations for students attending SEUS- they will not be made by the University. Please note that there will be other events taking place in Troy during this time. You will want to make hotel reservations early and cancel rooms as needed. The following hotels are conveniently located on U.S. 231 in Troy:
- Best Western (334) 566-1585
- Courtyard Marriott (334) 566-0540
- Days Inn (334) 566-1630
- Econo Lodge (334) 566-7799
- Hampton Inn (334) 807-5900
- Motel 6 (334) 670-0012
- Quality Inn (334) 566-1150
- Scottish Inns (334) 566-4090
Transportation to and from your hotel is the responsibility of the band director and chaperones of each group. Please let whatever hotel you choose know that you are participating in S.E.U.S. Honor Band.
Registration for all honor band participants as well as chair placement auditions will be held on Thursday, February 2, 2023 starting at 9:00 a.m. After completing the registration process, you will be instructed on where your instrument is being auditioned.
Chair Audition Materials:
- Concert B flat, E flat, and A flat scales (memorized) points will be deducted for not performing scales by memory
- Sight-reading (each student will play the same sight-reading excerpt)
- Sight-reading on either snare drum, mallets, or timpani (students may audition on more than one percussion instrument)
Band rosters and seating charts will be posted on the front doors of the Hawkins Adams Long Hall of Honor and on the front doors of Claudia Crosby Theater following the Thursday evening concert.
Items to Bring:
- Students should bring a folding music stand (Troy University cannot provide stands for any participant)
- Students, chaperones, and directors should bring their own spending money for all
- Each participant will receive one free meal ticket to the University Dining Hall on Saturday, February 4, 2023.
- For your convenience, there will be several dining options available in our student center and dining hall.