22nd Annual Middle School Southeastern United States Clinic & Concert Bands
The Southeastern United States Middle School Honor Band Clinic will be held from November 17-19,2022 and will host two middle school symphonic bands. The bands will present a concert on Friday, November 18, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
The S.E.U.S. Honor Band reservation fee is $70.00. This includes participation in the event and a medal for each participant. You may send a school check, or individuals may pay online once registration becomes available. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND WILL BE RETURNED WHICH WILL DELAY THE STUDENTS' REGISTRATION PROCESS. Please make school checks payable to "Troy University Foundation". NO REFUNDS CAN BE ISSUED.
- Brent Colwell, Temple, Texas
- Erin Lyons, Birmingham, Alabama
Parents, guardians, and/or band directors will make their own hotel reservations for students attending SEUS- they will not be made by the University. Please note that there will be other events taking place in Troy during this time. You will want to make hotel reservations early and cancel rooms as needed. The following hotels are conveniently located on U.S. 231 in Troy:
- Best Western (334) 566-1585
- Courtyard Marriott (334) 566-0540
- Days Inn (334) 566-1630
- Econo Lodge (334) 566-7799
- Hampton Inn (334) 807-5900
- Motel 6 (334) 670-0012
- Quality Inn (334) 566-1150
- Scottish Inns (334) 566-4090
Transportation to and from your hotel is the responsibility of the band director and chaperones of each group. Please let whatever hotel you choose know that you are participating in S.E.U.S. Honor Band.
Chair placement will be based on a live audition happening on November 17th. Registration for all honor band participants will be held on Thursday, November 17th at 11:00 a.m. After completing the registration process, you will be instructed on where your instrument is being auditioned.
Chair Audition Materials:
- Concert B flat, E flat, and A flat scales (memorized)-ten points will be deducted for not performing scales from memory
- Sight reading (each student will play the same sight-reading excerpt)
- Sight reading on either snare drum, mallets, or timpani- students may audition more than one percussion instrument
Band rosters and seating charts will be posted on the front doors of the Hawkins Adams Long Hall of Honor and on the front doors of Claudia Crosby Theatre following the Thursday evening concert.
Items to Bring:
- Students should bring their own folding music stand. Troy University cannot provide stands for any participant.
- Students, chaperones, and directors should bring spending money for all meals. For your convenience, we have several dining options on campus in our student center and dining hall.
3:00 – 6:00 pm
7:00 – 9:00 pm
Registration and Auditions
Special Guests at “Sound of the South” Marching Band rehearsal in stadium, which will include time spent with sections and a special play-along performance with the “Sound of the South”
8:00 – 12:00 pm
12:00 – 1:30 pm
1:30 – 3:00 pm
Rehearsals (breaks as needed)
Rehearsals (breaks as needed)
Honor Band Concert (Crosby Theater)
Special Guests at Troy University Symphony Band Concert
Troy Trojans Football game vs. University of Louisiana at Monroe. Each participant will receive 3 free general admission tickets (one for themselves and 2 for parents/guardians) courtesy of Troy University Athletics.