July 17-22, 2023
Location: Troy University Campus and IDEA Bank in Troy, AL
Open to grades 9-12
The Entrepreneurship Summer Camp is a 1-week program that will offer an opportunity for young aspiring entrepreneurs to learn what it takes to successfully launch an idea into a profitable business. The camp will provide high school students with technical training, hands-on activities, and real-life leadership opportunities related to entrepreneurship while fostering creativity, innovation, confidence, and idea development. Each day will challenge students to lean into their interests and develop their ideas.
The week will lead up to a pitch competition, where students will use what they've learned to pitch their product or service. The presentations will be reviewed by a panel of judges who will award the grand prize winner a $2,000 scholarship to Troy University.
Housing will be provided for accepted participants who request it from Sunday, July 16 until Saturday, July 22. We will also provide breakfast and lunch throughout the week. The pitch competition will take place on Saturday, July 22 and will be open to the public with a reception to follow. See below for more schedule details or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
- Provide youth with a foundational understanding of how to launch a business;
- Teach youth essential money management skills in business operations;
- Foster creativity and innovation;
- Cultivate the desire to become community change-makers and leaders;
- Train youth in presentation and public speaking skills;
- Develop a new level of confidence in youth to empower them to pursue their dreams;
- Demonstrate and introduce examples of successful start-ups;
- Assist youth in the development of their individual and personalized ideas/plans;
- Teach youth how to develop a business and marketing plan;
- Support career development and training
The Entrepreneurship Summer Camp will include 5 days of learning and training and will finish with one day of pitch competitions and a closing reception. Each day will start at 9:00 a.m., with doors to the IDEA Bank opening at 8:30 a.m. and will finish by 4:00 p.m. Students will reside on campus during the week and will be provided with transportation to all sessions and meals.
- July 17: Entrepreneurial Mindset & Idea Development
- July 18: Business Planning & Financing
- July 19: Marketing & Brand Development
- July 20: Communication Strategies & Channels
- July 21: The Business of People + Pitch Practice
- July 22: Pitch Presentations & Closing Reception (open to the public)
Cost of Attendance
The registration fee is $150 per student, which will include all meals and materials for students as well as a closing reception for students and guests. A limited number of need-based $125 scholarships will be available for interested participants who cannot afford the $150 fee, reducing the cost to just $25. The application for this scholarship can be found with the standard application form.
The Entrepreneurship Summer Camp is limited to just 10 participants, so the selection process is competitive. The intention is to help students develop their own idea(s) into a business plan. Therefore, students should already have a business idea in mind before enrolling.
If you have any additional questions about the Entrepreneurship Summer Camp, please email email@example.com or call Mauree Alice Porter at 334-808-6777.
We look forward to seeing you in Summer 2023!
View 2022 news articles and photos from the inaugural High School Entrepreneurship Summer camp to get a glimpse of the program.