Travel | Troy University


Sponsored Programs Group Photo


It is strongly suggested that writers review the travel guidelines and visit the travel center prior to budgeting travel for proposals.

The approved budget for a sponsored project may have a number of expenditure budget codes for travel expenses, if such expenditures were included in the proposal budget and approved by the sponsoring agency. The funds in this category are to be used to reimburse employees who must travel in connection with their sponsored projects.

All travel (either in-state or out-of-state) must be approved based on the Authority Levels for Approving Travel found under section 701.4 Troy University Contractual, Financial and Personnel Authority Level.

Principle Investigators (PIs) or grant employees must complete an Application for Travel Approval form before a trip is taken with the exception of travel between Troy University campuses. This approval form is not necessary if the trip occurs between Troy University locations. Approving authorities (department heads) have the discretion to decide what level of expense is substantial. All trips must be approved by the traveler's supervisor. Travel on a sponsored project is reimbursed at approved university rates. 

After travel has been completed the traveler must complete an Travel Reimbursement Form. This form is required when requesting a reimbursement for either in state or out state travel expenses. Attach the signed Application for Travel Approval form to the Expense Account Form once the trip is completed.  If the proper approval is not attached to the reimbursement packet, the request for trip reimbursement will be returned to the employee's supervisor.



Cookie Acknowledgment
This website uses cookies to collect information and to improve your browsing experience. Please review our privacy statement for more information.