Writing Great Proposals
This section of the OSP web site will assist University faculty and staff who have selected a sponsor and are in the process of writing a competitive proposal.
Writers should review sponsor guidelines and determine the sponsor deadline as well as the requirements expected by the sponsor for a competitive application. Several online guides are available to assist writers in developing competitive proposals. Links to these guides are provided below:
- Foundation Center Proposal Writing Short Course
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Guide to Writing Grants
- “How to Fail in Grant Writing,” Chronicle of Higher Education, December 5, 2010
- NSF Publication: A Guide for Proposal Writing
- National Institute of Health Grant Writing Tips Sheet
Faculty and staff who have selected a sponsor and are in the writing process are encouraged to review the Proposal Development Overview prior to proposal development. OSP staff can assist in budget development; assurance questions; proposal development; administrative review and approval; and the copying and mailing of proposals (Note: OSP must receive the proposal seven days prior to deadline for this service).
The following links are placed here for your convenience. They contain extra files or information that are related to this webpage. These links should prove to be useful to you as you browse this section of our website.