The Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) is the best opportunity for students to get invaluable experience while earning a college degree. When enrolled in ROTC, cadets learn and develop leadership skills and prepare for a career as an officer in the U.S. military. You will have a normal college student experience like everyone else on campus, but when you graduate, you will have the opportunity to serve as a leader in the United States Army. As an officer, you will lead others in all situations and adjust in environments that are always changing. Through ROTC, you can start a military career in health care, aviation, finance, engineering, chemistry, law enforcement and transportation, just to name a few. Click on ROTC Guidelines for more information.
Why Troy University Army ROTC?
- World class education at a small university
- Small class sizes with an expert instructor
- Personal, individual attention: You won’t get lost in the crowd
- A University that supports the military
Military Science is an Open Enrollment elective course
There are no pre-requisites or commitments for enrolling in the Military Science class and lab. Military Science enrollment DOES NOT constitute a military obligation. You are not joining the Army but are only registering for a class.
Army ROTC Scholarships
Compete for 2-4 year ROTC scholarship that may be applied towards tuition & fees or room & board and receive book & subsistence allowance.
A Week in the Life of a Freshman Cadet
- Physical Training: Monday-Friday: Not mandatory for non-contracted cadets but strongly encouraged.
- MS I Class (Tuesday - 1 credit hour/ 1 hour per week): Learn to set and accomplish goals; Army customs and courtesies; basic military operations and tactics; Army values; time management and organizational skills and peer leadership training.
- MS 2 Class (Tuesday – 2 credit hours / 85 minutes per week): Learn problem-solving and critical thinking; application of communication and feedback along with conflict resolution and self-development.
- MS 1 & MS 2 Leadership Lab (Tuesday (1 credit hour / 2 hours per week): This is the FUN part! You will get practical application of what you learn in class plus so much more!
Cadet Extra-Curricular Activities
Find out why it has been called, “The Best Leadership Course in America!”
For more information, fill out the attached form: Request for Information