About CE | Troy University

About CE

Continuing Education and Outreach


About CE FAQs Registration

News / About Us

Troy University's Continuing Education and Outreach operations have provided education and training to professionals in virtually every industry since 1973. By attending our programs on topics ranging from computer networks/security and community development to education, medicine, language, real estate and law. More than 20,000 professionals have gained tools that increase their performance and enrich their lives. Experts from around the world are employed to provide programs that deliver results.

Through a multitude of delivery methods, individuals and client companies save time and money by receiving targeted training delivered in a convenient and efficient manner. We deliver top-quality education designed to increase proficiency and productivity. Troy University's continuing education programs enable attendees to grow personally and professionally.

The Professional Development Institute (PDI), a division of the Continuing Education Department, is designed to provide targeted training to professionals in multiple industries. Typically, PDI programs lead to or assist participants with earning certifications or certificates that signify professional credentials in their field.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is a CEU?

  • Continuing education units (CEUs) recognize and record satisfactory participation in non-degree programs. One CEU is awarded for each 10 contact hours (or equivalent) of classroom participation. CEUs provide a useful cumulative record of your non-credit study. They are designed for use where employers, licensure agencies and other authorities require a specified number of non-credit study hours on a regular basis for career advancement. All CEUs earned through Troy University Continuing Education and Outreach non-degree programs become part of your permanent record.

What are the requirements for registering?

  • We encourage you to register early. This will enable us to protect course enrollment and avoid an unnecessary cancellation of a course. Troy University reserves the right to cancel any course, limit enrollment, modify the announced course content or change the location, time, date and faculty of any course as may be deemed necessary or advisable.

Registration is best completed online at troy.edu/ce. Students may also register by telephone, mail and by fax. Registrations may be accepted up to and including the first day of class. The Continuing Education Center reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrollments, illness, severe weather or other emergencies. Pre-registered students will be notified of course cancellations and any changes.

Is financial aid available to CE students?

  • Courses offered through the Continuing Education Center of Troy University are non-credit and do not qualify for Pell Grants or other federally subsidized student loans. Students seeking loans must work with a bank or credit union directly to obtain a private loan.

I don't know my student ID

  • A student ID number is assigned to each registrant upon enrolling in a course. It is up to the student to request this number.


  • The Continuing Education and Outreach office follows the holiday schedule of Troy University.

What do I do if there is inclement weather?

  • In the event of inclement weather, tune into your local radio or television stations for information about closings. In the event a campus class is cancelled due to weather, efforts will be made to reach each enrolled student by telephone. It is important that the CE office has your correct telephone number.

Where is Continuing Education located?

  • The Continuing Education and Outreach office is located at 500 University Drive, Malone Hall 3rd floor, Dothan, Alabama.
  • To request a current magazine of classes and events, send an email request  continuinged@troy.edu or call the office at 334-983-0005.


How to register

  • Registration should be completed early to guarantee a space in the class. Late registrations may be accepted if the class is not full. Minimum enrollment levels are established for each course. When enrollment levels are not met, the course may be cancelled. Confirmation notices are not sent. You must mark your calendar with dates and times. For company sponsored students, an invoice may be used. A purchase order is required from the company in order to be invoiced.
  • To register for a course, submit the online registration form within this site or call the Continuing Education office at 334-983-0005.

Withdrawal policy

  • Failure to attend a course does not constitute withdrawal. The Continuing Education and Outreach office must be notified prior to the start of a course to consider a refund.

Refund / Cancellation policy

  • The Continuing Education and Outreach office reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient enrollment, illness, severe weather or other emergencies. In the event of a course cancellation, registrants will be notified and appropriate course fees refunded.

Transcript/Certificate request

What is a transcript?

A transcript is a record of your work at Troy University. Transcripts will show courses taken and the semesters/terms attended.

Certificate request

Certificates showing the class name, date and hours earned are awarded for each class and given out at the end of each class (unless otherwise noted). Individuals requesting a re-print of their certificate may be charged a fee of $5.

What is the difference between an unofficial and official transcript?

An unofficial transcript is merely an unofficial copy of your record. This type of transcript can be used to review your records, verify what classes you have taken, etc. An official transcript is an authorized copy of your record printed on official security paper. This type of transcript is generally sent directly to an institution and not the student. It is often requested for employment, by other academic institutions and by certifying bodies.

Where can I obtain a copy of my unofficial transcript?

Unofficial transcripts can be obtained at the Continuing Education and Outreach office in Adams Hall, Room 200 with a valid picture ID and a cost of $1 per page.

Where can I obtain a copy of my official transcript?

Official transcripts cost $5 per copy and may be obtained in the Continuing Education and Outreach office. You can order a transcript by sending a written request to continuinged@troy.edu or mail to: Continuing Education and Outreach, Transcript Request, P.O. Box 8368, Dothan, AL 36304. Requestor must provide the contact name and address of where the transcript is to be sent.

Fees, refunds

  • 100% course fees are expected at the time of registration. Registration is not considered complete until payment is received. In the event a course is cancelled by Continuing Education and Outreach, the student will receive a full refund. No refunds will be given once a course begins. Rates for courses are subject to change without notice. Check with the Continuing Education and Outreach office for current fees. Troy University reserves the right to cancel any classes, make instructor and/or course substitutions without prior notice.

Students with disabilities

  • Students with disabilities or those who suspect they have a disability must register with the Disability Services Coordinator in order to receive accommodations. Students currently registered with the Disability Service Office are required to present their Disability Services Accommodation Letter to each faculty member at the beginning of each term. Individuals needing special services should contact the dean of students at 334-983-6556.

Auditing Courses

  • Continuing Education and Outreach courses cannot be audited.