Criteria for Nomination
- Full-Time Troy University faculty are eligible. (Previous recipients are not eligible)
- Demonstrates command and knowledge of one's subject area and knowledge of current developments in one's discipline.
- Demonstrates a "mentoring" philosophy in service to Troy University and the community.
- Demonstrates an ability to interact and communicate effectively with students and faculty.
- Demonstrates continuous scholarly productivity supported by publications, research grants and/or projects.
- Is innovative in ideas and visions.
- Possesses an exceptional work ethic.
- Deans, Chairs or faculty may nominate a faculty member by completing the Wallace D. Malone, Jr. Distinguished Faculty award Nomination Form. (Nominations by peers and Chair must be approved by the Dean)
- Nominations must be received in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs by the established deadline.
- The Wallace D. Malone, Jr. Distinguished Faculty Award Committee reviews nominations and recommends selection to the Chancellor. This committee will consist of faculty and administrators.
- The Chancellor will select five administrators from the Executive Council, representing Troy University.
- Faculty representation during the first year will consist of the Spring 2002 Chancellor's Fellows, and additional faculty appointed by the Chancellor. In subsequent years, the previous year's Award recipients will represent faculty on the committee, and faculty representatives appointed by the Chancellor.
- The committee is granted the latitude to check with a variety of sources for additional information needed to determine recommendation.
- Nominations are for one term only and will be destroyed after each selection process.
- All recipients of the award will be asked to write a letter of acknowledgement to Wallace D. Malone, Jr. The Provost will provide press clippings to Mr. Malone acknowledging the presentation of the award.