Troy University Alabama Campuses Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS)
The Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) Program is authorized by the Higher Education Act and is a federal grant funded by the U.S. Department of Education to support student-parents. The goal of CCAMPIS is to increase access to post-secondary education to low-income parents by providing quality, affordable and accessible child care services while they further their education. This program supports the participation of income-eligible student-parents at Troy University Alabama campuses through the provision of child care services through financial support for on-campus child care services at the Coleman Center for Early Learning and Family Enrichment or predetermined (other options may be available at the discretion of the Project Coordinator) child care centers near one of the Troy University Alabama campuses. Families who meet the requirements of the CCAMPIS Grant may receive a reduction in their monthly child care.
Eligibility for CCAMPIS funds does not guarantee space at the Coleman Center for Early Learning and Family Enrichment or predetermined child care centers near one of the Troy University Alabama campuses. Contact each program directly for information on enrollment processes and space availability. Participation is limited. We are unable to assist all those who apply.
Your eligibility is reviewed each semester. CCAMPIS funds are limited and are not guaranteed from one semester to the next.
- Eligibility for the CCAMPIS Child Care Grant is determined using the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have not already done so, please complete a current year FAFSA. A FAFSA must be completed and on file with Troy University Financial Aid Office. The FAFSA is available online at http://www.fafsa.gov
- CCAMPIS parent recipients must be enrolled at either the undergraduate or graduate level at a Troy University Alabama campus or as a TROY online student living in Alabama. Enrolled students that live outside of the State of Alabama are not eligible for CCAMPIS funds.
- CCAMPIS parent recipients must be registered for at least one course every semester that they receive CCAMPIS assistance.
- Graduate/professional and international students enrolled at Troy University may be eligible to receive CCAMPIS assistance pending verification of eligibility and Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- CCAMPIS funds can only be used for child care services at Coleman Center for Early Learning and Family Enrichment or a predetermined child care center near one of the Troy University Alabama campuses. Eligibility for CCAMPIS funds does not guarantee space at the Coleman Center for Early Learning and Family Enrichment or predetermined child care centers near one of the Troy University Alabama campuses.
Child Care Services Partners Near Troy University Alabama Campuses
- Coleman Center for Early Childhood and Family Enrichment
- Bethlehem CDC
- Heaven Sent
- Montessori at Mulberry
- KinderCare on Halcyon Park Dr
- Little Explorers Learning Center
- Century 2000
- Parker’s Place
- Early Years Day Care & Preschool
- Yvette’s Little World
- KinderCare Prattville
Troy University CCAMPIS Recipient Requirements
- Participating CCAMPIS students must enroll their child/ren with a pre-approved child care provider.
- As stipulated by the US Department of Education, recipients of CCAMPIS funds are required to complete an annual survey about the CCAMPIS program. Failure to complete the annual evaluation will deem you ineligible for CCAMPIS funds.
- CCAMPIS recipients who graduate are required to complete a survey on their enrollment, ability to persist in studies, and employability outcomes related to CCAMPIS support.
- CCAMPIS recipients who do not fulfill these program requirements will be deemed ineligible for CCAMPIS funding.
- Attend two parent workshops during an academic year
- Remain in good standing with chosen child care provider; ensuring all financial responsibility is always met.
- Maintain good academic progress each term (GPA of 2.0 or higher)
*You will need to login with your TrojanPass account to access the application.