Troy University is committed to providing exceptional service to students and their families who apply for financial assistance and encourages all applicants to consider completing the process early. We offer a various services and programs designed to help students and families develop a plan for how to pay for college.
The Department of Art and Design Scholarship
The Department of Art and Design strives to recognize the pursuit of excellence in our students and reward those efforts. Our department offers a number of scholarships ranging from $250 to $1500 per academic year.
Here are the requirements in order to qualify for the Art & Design Scholarship:
- Deadline for Applications to emailed or postmarked is June 30th.
- Eligible Applicants: Incoming Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior BFA, BA, ARTED, and Graphic Design majors. Must reapply each year after the spring semester.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Full-time enrollment in Troy University (Troy Campus) 3 hours must be ART credits.
- 250-500 word essay (include why you have chosen art/design as an area of study, successes, work ethic, etc.)
- Transcripts, only required of Incoming Freshman, copy will be sufficient.
- Incoming Freshman Portfolio required (digital preferred) limit to 12 works.
Alice Thornton Memorial Scholarship
Junior and Senior BFA in Studio Arts majors can also apply for the Alice Thornton Memorial Scholarship. This $1500 scholarship is awarded to a promising student who demonstrates passion and dedication to the visual arts and to the department.
Department of Art and Design Scholarship
Alice G. Thornton Scholarship (Students will be able to look up the scholarship and apply once they have set up a profile and completed their general application.)