Doctoral Admission Information
Requirements & Steps to Apply
Students will be admitted only under unconditional admission status. Admission to the program will have limited availability. To be considered for unconditional admission to the DNP program the applicant must:
- Hold the required degree from a nationally-accredited program (ACEN or CCNE).
Applicants are admitted as:
• Post BSN candidates
• Post MSN candidates
- Have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) on all nursing coursework if post-baccalaureate applicant or on all graduate coursework if post-masters applicant
- Submit official transcripts for all post-secondary academic study
- Earn a minimum GRE score of 294 ( Note: This requirement is waived for post-MSN applicants)
- Possess a current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in Alabama or in the state where clinical practice will occur
- Submit two letters of professional reference that address academic ability , professional competence and leadership potential in nursing
- Complete a successful interview by the Nursing Graduate Admissions Committee
- Submit a 800 to 1000 word essay describing professional goals and how completion of the DNP program will enhance future roles and practice
- Submit a resume that includes education, work experience in nursing, research experiences, publications, presentations, community service, professional memberships and service.
- Possess a valid certification in advanced practice nursing from a nationally recognized credentialing body or be eligible to take a nationally recognized certification exam ( Note: This requirement applies only to post-MSN applicants.)
- Submit documentation of academic clinical hours.
Students will be admitted only under unconditional admission status. To be considered for unconditional admission to the Ph.D. in Sport Management program the applicant must:
- Submit an application to the Troy University Graduate School
- Hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Earn a minimum score on one of the following exams:
• 399 - MAT
• 540 - GMAT
• 157-158 - LSAT
• 304 on the GRE (1000 or higher on the Non-Revised GRE)
- Submit an official transcript from each institution of higher education attended
- Submit three letters of reference
- Submit a statement of intent. The statement of intent should include details of your rationale for pursuing the program and details regarding your career and research interest
- Submit a writing sample. The writing sample could also include accepted or published research that the applicant has been sole or co-author of a research project.
- Submit a resume or curriculum vitae
Students must begin the program in Term 1 (August) or Term 3 (January).
Transcript & Test Score Submissions
Once an application has been submitted, please request all transcripts and test scores to be sent electronically to email@example.com or by mail to the address below
100 University Park
Troy, AL 36082