Give your project managers the skills to lead the projects that drive your business
A career in project management offers a variety of jobs across industries, incredible growth potential, and excellent compensation. Skilled project management professionals are in a prime position to benefit from:
- A projected 1.57 million new project management jobs created around the world each year through 2020, according to the Project Management Talent Gap Report.
- A median salary in excess of US$100,000 in the US, Switzerland, Australia, Germany and the Netherlands.
Position yourself for a big career move with PMP® certification.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is a proven way to enhance your resume, elevate your career potential, and boost your earnings.
- Earn a higher salary: According to PMI®, PMP credential holders can earn upward of US$20,000 more annually than non‐credentialed jobholders.
- Earn a prestigious certification recognized around the globe.
- Build skills and knowledge that are transferable between industries, market segments and geographic locations.
- Gain an advantage over non‐certified project managers.
- Prove your project management knowledge, commitment, and experience.
- Join a global network of over 930,000 PMP credential holders.
Learn more about PMP certification benefits at pmi.org.
Prepare to pass the PMP® exam.
Ensure you're prepared for the rigorous PMP exam with Troy University, Continuing Education & Outreach. This intensive program combines expert instruction with The CERTWISE™ Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation training materials. Our course will help you learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the PMP exam.
Why Enroll in this Course?
- Study the three domains tested on the PMP exam, including the Agile/Hybrid and Predictive content.
- Learn the entire PMBOK® Guide–Sixth Edition with our experienced and certified PMP instructors.
- Prepare for class and the exam with The Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation, included in tuition. This interactive study program includes printed study materials, online quizzes, flashcards, PMP exam emulation, and more. You will have access to the online study tools for an entire year.
- Discuss topics and network with peers from a variety of industries.
- Stay on track to complete your PMP studies with our structured learning environment.
- Meet the 35 hour project management education prerequisite.
- Take advantage of your employer’s tuition reimbursement program.
Our course provides an in-depth exploration of the three domains outlined in the PMP® Exam Content Outline. The materials include Agile/Hybrid and Predictive content that aligns with the PMP exam. You will also gain valuable test-taking tips and strategies to help you approach the PMP exam with confidence.
I. People (42% of exam)
II. Process (50% of exam)
III. Business Environment (8% of exam)
Premium Quality Course Materials
Included in your course registration fees, you will receive The Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation. This premium quality program combines comprehensive printed reading materials with interactive online study materials to expand, apply and solidify your knowledge to pass the PMP exam.
Comprehensive Reading Materials
Two printed books provide an in-depth exploration of the three knowledge domains tested on the PMP exam. Reading materials are also available via an online eReader. Reading materials are organized into 5 modules including:
Module 1: Business Environment (Exam Domain III)
- Chapter 1: Project management concepts
- Chapter 2: Project Life Cycles, Phases and Process Groups
- Chapter 3: Project Benefits and Value
- Chapter 4: Compliance
- Chapter 5: Change Management
- Chapter 6: External Business Environment Changes
Module 2: People (Exam Domain I)
- Chapter 1: Project Manager Role and Tuckman Ladder
- Chapter 2: Forming—The Project Manager
- Chapter 3: Forming—The Project Team
- Chapter 4: Storming
- Chapter 5: Norming
- Chapter 6: Performing
- Chapter 7: Adjourning
Module 3: Process—Design (Exam Domain II)
- Chapter 1: Governance Structure
- Chapter 2: Incremental Value
- Chapter 3: Project Methodology and Knowledge Areas
- Chapter 4: Agile and Hybrid Project Methodologies
- Chapter 5: Project Artifacts
- Chapter 6: Data Gathering and Analysis
- Chapter 7: Project Integration Overview
- Chapter 8: Project Integration Knowledge Areas
Module 4: Process—Constraints (Exam Domain II)
- Chapter 1: Scope
- Chapter 2: Schedule
- Chapter 3: Costs and Budget
- Chapter 4: Resources
- Chapter 5: Procurement
- Chapter 6: Quality
- Chapter 7: Risk
Module 5: Process—Managing and Closing (Exam Domain II)
- Chapter 1: Change Control
- Chapter 2: Stakeholder Engagement
- Chapter 3: Communications
- Chapter 4: Knowledge Transfer
- Chapter 5: Closures
Interactive Online Study Tools
Participants will have access to interactive online study tools for one year. These tools provide participants with an opportunity to apply and reinforce concepts, evaluate their knowledge, and monitor their growth throughout the course. Over 1,300 practice questions are included in the following online tools:
- Pre-test: Evaluate initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness and focus studies.
- SmartStudy™: Build a customized study plan to optimize study time.
- Quizzes: Test comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Glossary: An online glossary of key PMP terminology is included, with official PMI® definitions.
- Flashcards: Review important key terms and definitions.
- Practice Exam: Build confidence and set your pace with a timed practice exam.
- Progress Reports: Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center: Access helpful test-taking tips, PMP exam resources, feedback links, and more.
Where? Online with four virtual sessions
When? February 6 - May 1, 2021
On-Line Virtual Sessions:
Saturday, February 6, 2021, 9:00 am until 12:00 noon
Saturday, March 6, 2021, 9:00 am until 12:00 noon
Saturday, April 3, 2021, 9:00 am until 12:00 noon
Saturday, May 1, 2021, 9:00 am until 12:00 noon
Course # MGT 038
Course Fee $1887
Instructor: John M. Dennett, Sr., MBA, MSc, PMP, is a manager and logistics engineer with over 30 years of progressive responsibility and experience in the commercial and government sectors of increasing management responsibility in the systems engineering, life-cycle support, contracts, and business administration, is certified in PMP, ITIL, and Six-Sigma Green Belt. He is a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI), the Society of Logistics Engineers (SOLE, life member), the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA), the Montgomery Chamber of Commerce
Contact Us: Continuing Education Center, 334-983-0005
Online Registration: Click Here
Once you click to register, the next page will be Trojan Web Express. On this page, click on Select Classes. Scroll down and choose MGT038 PMP Exam Prep Course, then complete the registration process. Have credit card ready. Allow 3 to 5 business days to receive confirmation of registration and log in directions.
Registration deadline: Friday, Noon, January 13, 2021
PMP Prerequisites and Exam Details
Our course is designed to prepare individuals for the PMP Exam. The PMP is highly recommended for experienced project managers looking to advance their skills, career, and earning potential. Candidates must meet education and experience requirements detailed below, agree to a professional code of conduct, and pass the PMP Exam.
Education and Experience Prerequisites
To apply for the PMP, you need to meet all education and experience prerequisites in one of the following two categories:
Project Management Experience
Project Management Education
Secondary Degree (high school diploma, Associates degree or the global equivalent)
Minimum of five (5) years of non-overlapping project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
35 hours of project management education
A four-year degree (bachelor's degree or global equivalent)
Minimum of three (3) years of non-overlapping project management experience with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
35 hours of project management education
PMP Exam Details
- 200 multiple choice questions (175 scored questions + 25 unscored/pre‐test questions).
- 4 hour time limit.
- Computer‐based testing (CBT) format administered by Pearson VUE testing centers (paper‐based testing is available under limited circumstances)
- Exam is administered in English.
- Exam content weighted by the three domains from the PMP®
I. People (42%)
II. Process (50%)
III. Business Environment (8%)
- Exam eligibility period is one year from your exam application approval date. You may test three times in one year.
- You will receive a printed copy of your exam results immediately after completing
your CBT exam. This will include pass/fail status and a proficiency level by domain
(Proficient, Moderately Proficient, Below Proficient).
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact us!
Troy University, Continuing Education and Outreach