Give your project managers the skills to lead the projects that drive your business
A career in project management offers a variety of jobs across industries, incredible growth potential, and excellent compensation. Skilled project management professionals are in a prime position to benefit from:
- A projected 1.57 million new project management jobs created around the world each year through 2020, according to the Project Management Talent Gap Report.
- A median salary in excess of US$100,000 in the US, Switzerland, Australia, Germany and the Netherlands.
Position yourself for a big career move with PMP® certification.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is a proven way to enhance your resume, elevate your career potential, and boost your earnings.
- Earn a higher salary: According to PMI®, PMP credential holders can earn upward of US$15,000 more annually than non‐credentialed jobholders.
- Earn a prestigious certification recognized around the globe.
- Build skills and knowledge that are transferable between industries, market segments and geographic locations.
- Gain an advantage over non‐certified project managers.
- Prove your project management knowledge, commitment, and experience.
- Join a global network of over 700,000 PMP credential holders.
Learn more about PMP certification benefits at pmi.org.
Prepare to pass the PMP® exam.
Ensure you're prepared for the rigorous PMP exam with Troy University, Continuing Education & Outreach. This intensive program combines expert instruction with The CERTWISE™ Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation training materials. Our course will help you learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the PMP exam.
Why Enroll in this Course?
- Learn the entire PMBOK® Guide–Sixth Edition with our experienced and certified PMP instructors.
- Prepare for class and the exam with The Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation, included in tuition. This interactive study program includes printed study materials, online quizzes, flashcards, PMP exam emulation, and more. You will have access to the online study tools for an entire year.
- Discuss topics and network with peers from a variety of industries.
- Stay on track to complete your PMP studies with our structured learning environment.
- Meet the 35 hour project management education prerequisite.
- Take advantage of your employer’s tuition reimbursement program.
Students will be provided an in‐depth exploration of the five knowledge domains and 10 Knowledge Areas tested on the PMP exam. You will also gain valuable test‐taking tips and strategies to help you approach the PMP with confidence.
5 Knowledge Domains (Process Groups)
I. Initiating the Project
II. Planning the Project
III. Executing the Project
IV. Monitoring and Controlling the Project
V. Closing the Project
10 Knowledge Areas
• Integration Management
• Scope Management
• Time Management
• Cost Management
• Quality Management
• Human Resource Management
• Communications Management
• Risk Management
• Procurement Management
• Stakeholder Management
Premium Quality Course Materials
Included in your course registration fees, you will receive The Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation. This premium quality program combines comprehensive printed reading materials with interactive online study materials to expand, apply and solidify your knowledge to pass the PMP exam.
Comprehensive Reading Materials
- Four printed books, containing over 650 pages of content, provide an in‐depth exploration
of the five knowledge domains tested on the PMP exam. These materials are organized
into 14 chapters including:
- Chapters 1‐3: Project Management Concepts, Framework, and Skills – to provide context and an overall framework for the study content to follow.
- Chapters 4‐13: Covering each of the 10 Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, HR, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder Management), following the organization of the PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition for easy cross‐ reference.
- Chapter 14: Preparing for the PMP Exam (test‐taking tips and strategies).
- A glossary of key PMP terminology is included at the end of each chapter, with official PMI® definitions(utilizing the PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition glossary or PMI Lexicon of Project Management Terms Version 3.0).
- Progress check questions are included at the end of each chapter to help students check their understanding and retention of topics.
- Topics are presented in a concise, easy‐to‐understand format to cover the PMP® Examination Content Outline, and are organized to follow the PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition.
Interactive Online Study Tools
Participants will have access to interactive online study tools for one year. These tools provide participants with an opportunity to apply and reinforce concepts, evaluate their knowledge, and monitor their growth throughout the course. Over 900 practice questions are included in the following online tools:
- Pre‐test: Evaluate initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness and focus studies.
- SmartStudy™: Build a customized study plan to optimize study time.
- Chapter Quizzes: Test comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Process Group Quizzes: Practice test questions by domain area.
- Flashcards: Review important key terms and definitions.
- Post‐test: Gauge knowledge gained and areas that require further study.
- Practice Exam: Build confidence with a test that emulates the software used at the PMP computer‐based exam testing center.
- Progress Reports: Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center: Access helpful test‐taking tips, PMP exam resources, feedback links, and more.
Where? Online with four in-class sessions held on the Montgomery Campus of Troy University
When? August 17 – November 16, 2019 with four in-class sessions
Saturday, August 17, 9:00 am until 12:00 noon
Saturday, September 14, 9:00 am until 12:00 noon
Saturday, October 19, 9:00 am until 12:00 noon
Saturday, November 16, 9:00 am until 12:00 noon
Course # MGT 038
Course Fee $1887
Course Materials (included): The Learning System for PMP Exam Preparation: (1) Printed reading materials and (2) Interactive online study tools including quizzes, flashcards, PMP exam emulation, and more
Instructor: John M. Dennett, Sr., MBA, MSc, PMP, is a manager and logistics engineer with over 30 years of progressive responsibility and experience in the commercial and government sectors of increasing management responsibility in the systems engineering, life-cycle support, contracts, and business administration. is certified in PMP, ITIL, and Six-Sigma Green Belt. He is a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI), the Society of Logistics Engineers (SOLE, life member), the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA), the Montgomery Chamber of Commerce
Contact Us: Continuing Education Center, 334-983-0005
Online Registration: Click Here
Once you click to register, the next page will be Trojan Web Express. On this page, click on Select Classes. Scroll down and choose MGT038 PMP Exam Prep Course, then complete the registration process. Have credit card ready. Allow 3 to 5 business days to receive confirmation of registration and log in directions.
Registration deadline: August 3, 2019
PMP Prerequisites and Exam Details
Our course is designed to prepare individuals for the PMP Exam. The PMP is highly recommended for experienced project managers looking to advance their skills, career, and earning potential. Candidates must meet education and experience requirements detailed below, agree to a professional code of conduct, and pass the PMP Exam.
Education and Experience Prerequisites
To apply for the PMP, you need to meet all education and experience prerequisites in one of the following two categories:
Project Management Experience
Project Management Education
Secondary Degree (high school diploma, associate's degree or the global equivalent)
Minimum of five (5) years of non-overlapping project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
35 hours of project management education
A four-year degree (bachelor's degree or global equivalent)
Minimum of three (3) years of non-overlapping project management experience with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
35 hours of project management education
PMP Exam Details
- 200 multiple choice questions (175 scored questions + 25 unscored/pre‐test questions).
- 4 hour time limit.
- Computer‐based testing (CBT) format administered by Prometric testing centers (paper‐based testing is available under limited circumstances)
- Exam is administered in English.
- Exam content weighted by the five domains from the PMP®
- Examination Content Outline, updated June 2015 for exams administered after January
- Initiating the Project (13%)
- Planning the Project (24%)
- Executing the Project (31%)
- Monitoring and Controlling the Project (25%)
- Closing the Project (7%)
Exam eligibility period is one year from your exam application approval date. You
may test three times in one year.
You will receive a printed copy of your exam results immediately after completing your CBT exam. This will include pass/fail status and a proficiency level by domain (Proficient, Moderately Proficient, Below Proficient).
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact us!
Troy University, Continuing Education and Outreach