Banner Image
Home | Academics | Academic Resources | Records Office | Academic Evaluation Center | Transfer Credit FAQ   Transfer Credit FAQ

Transfer Credit FAQ

What is a credit evaluation?

Continuing your education at TROY is an easy choice—and a smart one, too. We’ll make the transition as seamless as possible so you can keep your focus on the important stuff.


Undergraduate Transfer Credit Information

What is transfer credit?

Transfer credit refers to the number of transferable credit(s) or course equivalent(s) earned at another regionally accredited institution that is accepted towards a degree program at Troy University.

Who processes transfer credit?

The Academic Evaluation Center processes all transfer credit for Troy University.

How does the transfer credit evaluation process work?

Once a student has submitted an undergraduate application and 'OFFICIAL' transcripts of previous work attempted have been received, student services personnel will then send a request to the Academic Evaluation Center (AEC) to have those official transcripts evaluated.

After the evaluation request is received by the AEC, each completed course will be reviewed for potential transfer credit. If credits are older and course descriptions are not available online, free elective credit will be granted until the student provides additional course information if applicable.

How long does it take to process transfer credit?

Troy University processes a high volume of official transcripts from institutions worldwide. Currently, credit evaluation requires five to ten days from the time of receipt by the Academic Evaluation Center, so please be patient with our staff.

Until you know exactly how your transfer credits will be accepted, it is recommended that you only register for those courses unlike any other you have completed in the past and will apply to your declared degree program.

How will I know when my credits have been posted?

Once your official transcripts have been evaluated, you will be able to view the results via your Student Planning account. You can view all courses by selecting the 'Grades' option via the Student Planning menu. You may also select the 'My Progress' option, which will create an academic program evaluation that lists your degree requirements as well as the application of your transfer credit. However, please keep in mind that the program evaluation is incomplete/unofficial if you have not declared a complete degree program consisting of a program or a major/minor combination (when applicable).

If needed, a more detailed transfer equivalency report may be requested from your local registrar's office, which will list for you each transfer course and its determined Troy equivalent.

Where do I send my Official Transcripts to be evaluated?

Once you have applied to TROY, you are required to submit all previous college transcripts to your TROY admissions office .

Please have paper transcripts sent to:

Troy University
Attn: Transcripts
100 University Park
Troy, AL 36082

Does Troy University accept Electronic Transcripts?

Yes, please refer to the following email address when requesting the submission of official electronic transcripts. All other transcripts received via ANY other email address will not be accepted:  

Once official transcripts are received, your admission status will be determined and a request for credit evaluation will be sent to the AEC on your behalf.

Is there a list of classes that transfer from my school?

Yes, there are transfer listings for several schools. Please keep in mind that, due to periodic changes in course curriculum, all transfer credit listings are not guaranteed to post exactly as listed and are provided to assist you in determining what may be accepted for credit at Troy University. Listings for additional schools will continue to be posted as they become available.



Cookie Acknowledgment
This website uses cookies to collect information and to improve your browsing experience. Please review our privacy statement for more information.