COLEMAN CENTER FOR EARLY LEARNING AND FAMILY ENRICHMENT WAITING LIST APPLICATION
Enrollment is open to all children in the community with the goal of having a diverse population that is representative of the Wiregrass.
When to Apply
- Waiting List Applications are accepted throughout the year.
- Openings typically occur during the year when a currently enrolled child leaves or is promoted to another classroom.
- An increased number of children are accepted at the start of the new school session in August of each year.
- Completing and submitting an application does not guarantee enrollment.
- The waiting list does not represent a traditional numbered waiting list.
Waiting List Process
- Children six (6) weeks through (5) years of age are eligible to enroll (may not turn (5) years of age prior to September 1).
- The Waiting List Application may be completed and submitted on line at https://www.troy.edu/about-us/dothan-campus/coleman-center/index.html or you may complete a hard copy. You may also obtain an application in person at Coleman Center for Early Learning and Family Enrichment. The application must be completed and submitted.
- The Waiting List Application will be dated upon receipt and children will be placed on the waiting list in the order in which the application was received.
Enrollment priority is determined by the following criteria:
- Siblings of currently enrolled children (receive first consideration for enrollment but guarantee is not made that they will receive a position).
- Date that the child was placed on the waiting list.
- Age of the child.
- Number of positions available for a particular age group.
- Date of desired enrollment as indicated on the Waiting List Application.
- Research/lab and high quality teacher training requirements (gender, age, race, ethnicity, special needs, and, family income).
- When a position becomes available the parent will be contacted via phone and/or email. The family will be given 48 hours to accept or decline the position. This time frame reduces wait time for those on the waiting list.
- Failure to respond to messages within 48 hours will be considered declining the position and the child will be removed from the waiting list.
- If a position is offered and declined the child will be removed from the waiting list.
- The child may be placed at the end of the waiting list per request.
- If you have a change in your contact information, you are requested to notify the Center with the updates regarding phone number and address.
- The child will remain on the waiting list unless the parent requests to be removed either in writing or email.
Accepting the Position
- If the position is accepted, the parent must submit a $100.00 non-refundable deposit fee (within 48 hours) and pick up the required registration paperwork (may also be downloaded at https://www.troy.edu/about-us/dothan-campus/coleman-center/index.html. All forms must be printed, completed, signed and submitted to the Center office prior to the child’s first day. Please note that all information must be completed (including addresses, phone numbers, etc.).
- The deposit will not be refunded.
- If the parent does not submit the fee within 48 hours, the position will be offered to the next child on the waiting list.
- Rates are $150.00 per week for all age groups.
- Sibling Discount - The second, third, and each additional child will receive a 10% discount off of their fees. This does not include registration fees.
Alabama First Class Pre-K is a program offered by the State of Alabama. There is a separate waiting list/enrollment process for eligible students (must turn four on or before September 2). Enrollment is based on a lottery system. Specific guidelines/fees will be provided to parents prior to the enrollment period. Other participating grants may also have separate waiting list and enrollment processes.
CCELFE is a teaching, research and laboratory early childhood center. In order to fulfill the mission of the program, CCELFE reserves the right to enroll children in a manner where the classroom population has a balanced group regarding gender, age, diversity of family, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, development, special needs and family income.
Parents and children are encouraged to visit prior to enrollment.