Troy University Mission with Institutional Goals
Troy University is a public institution comprised of a network of campuses throughout Alabama and worldwide. International in scope, Troy University provides a variety of educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, to include doctoral programs, for a diverse student body in traditional, nontraditional and emerging electronic formats. Academic programs are supported by a variety of student services which promote the welfare of the individual student. Troy University's dedicated faculty and staff promote discovery and exploration of knowledge and its application to life-long success through effective teaching, service, creative partnerships, scholarship and research.
Institutional goals refer to the central themes of the mission. They enable the mission and stand as major areas for institutional development. As derived from the Troy University mission, below are the institutional goals of the University.
- Lead the higher education community in growing enrollments to provide access to
academic programs through innovative educational technology and a culture of
- Provide an exceptional college experience for all TROY students that results in
meaningful careers and lives for our graduates.
- Ensure through effective stewardship that TROY students have an affordable
- Provide an international perspective for domestic students and an American
experience for international students.
- Proactively reach out and serve those who serve, and have served, our country in
the armed forces and their families as part of the TROY family.
- Improve the diversity within the University’s administration and staff and provide
TROY students with the values of diversity, servant leadership, professionalism
and democratic principles so they will serve as good citizens and leaders in their
- Address educational needs that will promote the economic and social growth of
Alabama and the southeastern United States.