CLEP Dates: Test are given daily by appointment only.
Location: 135B Eldridge Hall, Troy Campus
- CLEP offers 34 exams that cover introductory level college course material. With a passing score on one CLEP exam, you could earn three or more college credits without physically sitting for a class.
- To register for a CLEP exam, please visit Collegeboard to create an account, pay for and complete the registration process.
- CLEP EXAM scores of 50 or higher are accepted for credit with TROY
- CLEP Exams cannot be taken, or credit given, for courses in which credit has already been successfully completed
- All CLEP exams are given a time limit of 1.5 hours, except for the College Composition, which is 2 hours.
- If you do not pass your CLEP exam on the first try, you must wait 3 months (90 days) before retaking the exam
- For a list of all CLEP Exams offered and accepted by TROY please click here
- $90.00 CLEP Exam Fee (July 1, 2023 CLEP fee will increase to $93)
- $ 15.00 non-refundable, non-transferable* site fee
Troy University and its’ representatives are not responsible for power failure, Internet service problems, inclement weather or other conditions beyond our control that may interrupt the computerized testing service. *Should testing be interrupted due to these circumstances, your registration fee will be transferred to a future test date.
Before your CLEP Exam:
- Purchase Test: The CLEP Exam must be purchased prior to scheduling an appointment with our office. Your voucher information will be required to make an appointment
- Schedule Appointment: After purchasing your CLEP Exam, schedule your appointment. Confirmation of scheduled
appointment will be sent to the email address provided during registration
- To schedule with the TROY Main campus (Troy, AL), schedule here
- To schedule with the TROY Dothan campus : Mrs. Janice Lecroy 334-983-6556 or email@example.com
- To schedule with the TROY Hampton Roads Virginia site in Chesapeake, VA: Mr. Roger Smith firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-512-2001
- To schedule a CLEP Exam VIRTUALLY with a third party proctor, schedule directly with Collegeboard here
- If the TROY testing centers are not a convenient location, visit the CLEP website to find a testing center near you
- Study and prepare: Our office does not provide study material, but various resources may be purchased through the CLEP website
On the day of your CLEP Exam:
- Bring 1 state-issued photo ID (Passport, Driver’s License, Military ID)
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact the Technology and Assessment office at 334-808-6241 or e-mail email@example.com