Troy, AL 36082
Friday, July 24, 2020, 10 a.m.
Friday, December 11, 2020, 10 a.m.
Prior to Commencement
- The Troy Campus Graduation Center must be notified if you plan to attend the commencement
Caps and Gowns
- All graduates other than those receiving military commission through Troy University's
Air Force ROTC Program or the Army OTC Program must dress in appropriate academic
regalia to participate in commencement exercises.
Orders for Caps and Gowns may be placed in person with the Troy University Bookstore in the Trojan Center during Grad Fest.
- Fest dates and times will provided via TROY email. Any graduate unable to attend may call the Bookstore at 334-670-3223 or e-mail the Bookstore at email@example.com to order caps and gowns.
- Personalized announcements, name card, class rings and graduation frames may be ordered during the Grad Fest.
- Personalized announcements need to be placed at this time ensure proper delivery.
- Only authorized honor cords or medallions may be worn with the cap and gown at commencement. These are order through your honor society.
- There are no cords for graduating with University honors; this will be announced at the commencement.
- NO social sorority or fraternity sashes may be worn.
- Decoration of the mortar board IS NOT ALLOWED.
- Tickets may be required to attend the commencement ceremony. Details regarding commencement tickets will be provided via TROY email.
Day of Commencement
- You will not be able to participate if you have not met all the requirements for graduation.
You may not be able to participate if you have not notified the Troy Campus Records Office of your intent.
- Parents and graduates are invited and encouraged to attend a coffee at the Chancellor's home the morning of commencement.
- All graduates should report to the practice basketball court, event level of Trojan Arena.
- PLEASE BE ON TIME to make sure you get all instruction.
- Line-up is for graduating students only. No children, spouses, ect. allowed.
- Please dress appropriately. Women should wear dark, low heeled shoes and men should wear dark dress shoes, dark socks, and dark dress pants.
- Each graduate will be professionally photographed as he or she is awarded the diploma cover by Chancellor Hawkins. The photographer will provide additional information during the preliminary assembly.
- Family and friends who are unable to attend the commencement ceremony may watch through Troy University's live video coverage. The web address for the live coverage is http://troy.edu/live.
- Parking is limited in the Trojan Arena Parking lot.
- Troy University's shuttle service will be providing services to and from the Chancellor's Reception and commencement.
- Shuttle services are available to all graduates, their families and friends.
- Graduates, families, and friends are encouraged to park and utilize the shuttle services available.
- Please DO NOT bring any personal items (purses, cameras, cell phones, ect.) with you to the practice basketball court, event level of Trojan Arena.
- University personnel WILL NOT be held responsible for your personal property so please make other arrangements for your valuables.
Please contact the Troy Campus Records Office if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding the commencement ceremony.
University Records - Troy Campus
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Dothan Civic Center Arena
126 N Saint Andrews Street
Dothan, AL 36303
Sunday, December 13, 2020, 3 p.m.
Dothan Civic Center
Please note that we do not hold a ceremony for summer graduation. If you graduate in the summer, you may participate in the fall ceremony.
Commencement ceremonies are held twice a year at the end of fall semester in December and the end of spring semester in May. Students who complete their degree requirements during summer semester are welcome to participate in the fall ceremony.
Early in the semester, essential commencement information and Commencement Central dates are sent to the students TROY email who have filed for graduation.
Commencement Central provides graduating students with a convenient one-stop access to all commencement essentials and incidentals. During this event, students may purchase caps and gowns, order invitations, announcements, and class rings, exit the TRIO program, obtain information about graduate school, career placement and services, and find out about the Troy-Dothan Alumni Association.
Please be sure to download all forms listed below, as they each contain pertinent information regarding graduation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I cannot attend Commencement Central?
A: If you are unable to attend CC, you should contact the Records Office for additional information.
Q: I have many questions regarding commencement procedures, academic regalia and general
information? Whom should I contact to resolve these questions?
A: A detailed information sheet covering all aspects of the commencement process will be issued during the CC. If your question is not answered here, contact the Records Office.
Q: I am an honor graduate. Do I receive an honor cord to wear?
A: Only students who are members of a University-sponsored honor society will be issued cords to wear as a part of the academic regalia. Cords are issued by the honor society, not the University. For more questions regarding honor cords, contact the appropriate honor society faculty sponsor. There are no cords for University honors (cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude).
Q: Since there are no honor cords for University honors, how is this achievement acknowledged
during the ceremony?
A: The commencement program lists University honors; this honor is also acknowledged when the student is presented on stage.
For more information contact: Troy Dothan Campus Records Office
251 Montgomery Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
Monday, December 14, 2020, 7.p.m.
Columbus Georgia Convention & Trade Center
801 Front Avenue
Columbus, GA 31901
January 15, 2021 7 p.m. ET
Columbus Georgia Convention & Trade Center
Please note that we do not hold a ceremony for summer graduation. If you graduate in summer, you may participate in the following fall ceremony.