Active Duty Option (ADO): 2 Year program
- Have only 2 years remaining for degree (including ROTC credit hours);
- Enter as a Junior, Senior, or Graduate;
- Be under the age of 30 on the date of the projected graduation & commissioning (age waivers authorized)
- Will retain all benefits because they are still on active duty
Scholarship: 2, 3, & 4 Year Scholarships
- Be under 31 years of age on 31 December of the year all requirements for a commission and a college baccalaureate or master’s degree are completed (no waivers authorized)
- Voluntary separation from active duty
- All active duty pay & benefits are terminated upon discharge
- Can purchase Tri Care benefits for themselves and in addition may draw from their Montgomery GI Bill®
- Receive financial assistance towards college tuition and fees or room & board (student’s choice), $600 for textbooks per semester, & a stipend (tax free) per month for 10 months a school year
- Will be paid while attending Advanced Camp (Summer after MS 3 year)
Hip Pocket Dedicated Scholarship: 2, 3, & 4 Year Scholarship (selected by Division CMD)
Same requirements as a regular scholarship (listed above)
- Packet must be submitted to the Divisional Commander before his suspense date for approval before you can upload your packet in the G2G portal
- This scholarship packet does not go through the G2G board for selection
- If approved by the Division
Non-Scholarship: 2 Year Program
- Have only two years remaining for degree (including ROTC credit hours)
- Enter as a Junior, or Senior, or Graduate
- Be under the age of 30 on 30 June of the year you will commission & graduate (PMS can grant waivers up to 32 years of age)
- Will receive only a monthly stipend (tax free) for 10 months a school year & may use their GI bill®
26 November is the suspense date for the ADO and Scholarship program. 1 April is the suspense date for the Dedicated Hip Pocket Scholarship. We encourage all prospective G2G applicants to contact us one year in advance of when your application is due.
To confirm which G2G program is best for you, we encourage you to please contact the Army ROTC department secretary at email@example.com / 334-670-5623.
After conferring with the ROTC program, we recommend that enlisted soldiers go to the following website for more information and to create their account to submit a G2G packet: http://goarmy.com/rotc/.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.