The Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion provides quality educational degree programs for students interested in careers in the diverse field of Exercise Science or Athletic Training or teaching careers in Health and Physical Education. It is our mission to provide our students with knowledge and applications in their content area of choice while promoting life-long learning and exploration of knowledge that enhances their lives and makes them marketable for meaningful employment. We do this by:
- Applying theoretical models by implementing practical experiences
- Involvement in interdisciplinary collaboration
- Preparation to participate in professional, social, and technological change
- Providing exemplary leadership through teaching in the classroom and in the field
- Demonstrating effectiveness in teaching and internship opportunities
The Department of Kinesiology & Health Promotion consists of four undergraduate degree options and one Master’s of Science program: Athletic Training (Bachelor of Science), Exercise Science (Bachelor of Science), Health Education (Bachelor of Science), Physical Education (Bachelor of Science), and Kinesiology [concentration in Exercise Science or Coaching] (Master of Science). The Department of Kinesiology and Health Promotion also offers minors in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, and Nutrition.