Troy for Troops FAQs | Troy University

Troy for Troops FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Can my spouse communicate with TROY regarding my status?

Yes. Troy University, in accordance with the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), seeks to assure the highest levels of confidentiality regarding student records and information. Student information will not be disclosed to a third party without the written consent of the student, unless directed by law. As a student of Troy University, you are eligible to designate a parent, guardian, or spouse to whom appropriate information can be released. Please fax the Student Consent Form to 1-334-670-5679 to either designate a third party or refuse access to third parties.


Does Troy University accept CLEP/DSST?

Yes. View the Academic Regulations in the current Troy University Academic Catalog for a full listing of tests that are accepted. 


Will my Military Credit transfer?

Yes. Requesting this transcript is free, and we urge you to request an updated "Official transcript" to be sent to the Troy University address at least once a year or after you complete training courses. This will ensure that you are given the maximum amount of military credit possible.

Military Service Credit

Will I need to take placement tests?

Placement tests are required in the areas of English and Math and must be taken before enrolling into classes in these subject areas. Register for tests at the link below. Placement tests from any other institution will not be used. 

Placement Tests

I have sent my transcripts, when will they be evaluated?

Once all Official transcripts have been received and you have registered into classes, your file will be evaluated. To check the progress of your documents, please check your “Documents” by logging into Trojan Web Express.

What is considered an Official transcript?

We are only able to consider transcripts mailed directly from the issuing institution as official. Copies mailed from the student, faxed or electronically generated copies, or copies stamped "Issued to Student" are not considered official. TROY also accepts electronic transcripts to Transcripts received via ANY other email address will not be accepted.

How do I obtain an Official TROY transcript?

Request all Official transcripts through the Troy University website by selecting "Order Official Transcripts." Transcripts are processed through the Troy Campus in Troy, Alabama. No off-site campus or location will be able to provide an Official transcript. There is a $10 fee when requesting an Official Transcript.

Request Official Transcripts

How do I obtain an Unofficial TROY transcript?

You may log into Trojan Web Express for an Unofficial transcript.

Trojan Webexpress

Why is Troy Online requiring proctored exams?

Troy Online is committed to providing high-quality distance learning programs for its students. Proctored exams maintain academic integrity and ensure fairness. In addition to preventing dishonesty in exam-taking, a proctored exam is a good way to verify that the student is the one doing the course work--something the federal government requires distance learning programs like Troy Online to demonstrate.

Will I have any Proctored Exams?

Depending on your current degree or course requirements, it is possible that you will have a Proctored Exam. Eventually, all online courses will have at least one proctored exam. This decision is made by your instructor and will be noted in the course details when you enroll.

What classes do I need to complete my degree?

Refer to your Program Evaluation by logging into Trojan Web Express. Also refer to your Student Agreement if you are eligible for a SOC (Servicemembers' Opportunity College) contract. These documents will be complete once your Official transcripts have been received and evaluated. These documents will show the courses that transferred from previous schools, how the credits were applied to your degree, and your remaining degree requirements.


How do I order books for my class?

You may order books through a Campus bookstore or online:

Order Textbooks

How do I view different degrees and their requirements?

Visit the Academic Catalog or log in to Trojan Web Express and access your Program Evaluation to create a "What If" scenario for degree comparison.

Academic Catalog

Trojan Webexpress

Are there any Exit Exams required?

Undergraduate Exit Exam requirements include:

  • Proficiency Profile – This exam is required after reaching 60 hours or more, which is considered "Junior Status". All transfer credit is included in this total. Students enrolled in an undergraduate degree program must complete the Proficiency Profile exam prior to obtaining their degree. The Proficiency Profile exam is not graded at this time but is required as part of the graduation process. The GECE was replaced by the Proficiency Profile. The required Proficiency Profile exit exam covers your basic first 2 years of college.
  • MFAT – This exam is required with CJ 4499, MGT 4476, or PSY 4480, as these are Capstone classes. This exam covers your concentration/area of study. You will need to contact your instructor for any minimum test score required to pass the MFAT exam. If you are not in or registered for a capstone course, you will not be permitted to register for the MFAT.

Graduate Exit Exam requirements include:

  • Comprehensive Exam – Please contact your faculty advisor or view the catalog to see if your program requires a Comprehensive Exam
What is a SOC Student Agreement?

The SOC (Servicemembers Opportunity College) Student Agreement is an official document that represents your degree plan at the time of your initial evaluation. Although it is a static document that does not update from term to term, it can be used as a degree-progress checklist because the courses that make up your degree plan are listed in the Student Agreement.

When will my SOC Student Agreement be submitted?

Your Student Agreement will be submitted when you have satisfied all admission requirements and when the transcripts from all colleges that you previously attended have been evaluated. After the Student Agreement is submitted, it becomes an official document.

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

Step by step instructions for applying for Financial Aid can be found on the Troy University Financial Aid website. Step one can be found at:

Applying for Financial Aid

What resources are available if I need assistance with my study skills?

For assistance with study skills, visit the Center for Student Success.