About the Office of University Relations
Troy University’s Office of University Relations works to tell the Troy University story within the community, state, nation and around the world. Duties of the office include writing news and feature stories about Troy University; maintaining the official University blog, TROY Today; maintaining the University’s official social media channels; producing photo and video content and working closely with journalists.
Resources for Journalists
The Office of University Relations offers a variety of resources and support for journalists looking to cover TROY. We can provide assistance in the following areas:
- Photography and video: We are happy to provide high-resolution photography and video of campus news and events. Submit departmental requests via the Helpdesk. Media requests should be directed to email@example.com. Current photography is available here.
- Requests for interviews: Contact any member of the University Relations team in order to schedule an interview with University faculty and administrators.
- Live Video and Skype interviews: University Relations offers broadcast quality point-to-point or point-to-multipoint live video delivery via an LTN Global equipped Interview Studio. The Studio also supports live Skype interviews with 1080p resolution. Interviews with TROY officials are offered at no charge to media outlets. The studio may be scheduled for non-TROY affiliated interviews for a fee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News, Features and Op-Eds: The TROY Today blog contains a variety of news and feature articles about Troy University, along with op-eds written by faculty and students. Blog content may be republished with permission.
- Press Releases, Media Advisories and Statements: We regularly distribute news and information to media outlets in our coverage area. Our most recent news is available through the TROY Today blog.
- Visits to Campus: Troy University’s campuses are open to the public. However, we request journalists contact the Office of University Relations in advance to schedule a visit. We can provide assistance with parking, securing interviews and provide needed support to ensure a successful visit.
Faculty and Staff Support
The Office of University Relations provides support and expert advice to faculty and staff in the areas of external communications, media relations and use of social media. We can provide support in the following ways:
- Photography Services: To request studio photography (including professional headshots) or event coverage, submit a photography ticket via the Helpdesk.
- Responding to media inquiries: The UR Team can help develop talking points or a media strategy.
- Media Training: The UR team is happy to conduct media training for faculty and staff who want to improve their ability to communicate and respond to the media.
- News releases, media advisories and event promotion: Faculty and staff should contact University Relations staff to coordinate all releases to the media and the public.
University Relations publishes opinion pieces written by faculty or staff members in the “Perspectives” section of the TROY Today blog. “Perspectives” articles represent the views and opinions of individual authors only, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinion of Troy University or its administration.
We welcome submissions for “Perspectives” articles. Submissions should be no longer than 800 words and should focus on subject matter relevant to Troy University, its students, alumni and campus communities. Additionally, faculty members are invited to provide balanced analysis and commentary on issues and events relevant to their areas of academic expertise.
Send submissions in the body of an email (not attachments) to email@example.com. We reserve the right to reject submissions for any reason.
Any op-eds published may be submitted to media outlets for consideration.
Recognizing Student Achievements
University Relations partners with Merit to publicize student achievements online and in local media: troy.meritpages.com. Departments who wish to recognize students who have won awards, members of clubs or honor societies, or anything else, should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Troy University maintains various event and academic calendars which are published for viewing by students, staff, and the public. These include:
Additional TROY News
The Office of University Relations works closely with other university departments to produce and distribute news about Troy University. These departments include: