Minimal Requirements for Entrance
- General Biology or Zoology (8 hours)
- General Chemistry 1142, 1143 with lab (8 hours)
- Organic Chemistry 3342, 3343 with lab (8 hours)
- General Physics 2252, 2253 with lab (8 hours)
- Mathematics* (6 hours) *Calculus is highly recommended.
- English (composition and literature) (6 hours)
Osteopathy Schools in Alabama
There are no osteopathy schools in the state of Alabama.
Four years pre-medical/bachelor's degree, 4 years medical school, 3 years graduate medical education (residency training).
Degree / Major
Any major is acceptable as long as you meet the minimal entrance requirements listed above.
The following courses are strongly recommended for students to enter and survive medical school:
- Cell Biology
MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)
American College Testing Program
P.O. Box 414
Iowa City, IA 52243
AACOMAS (American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service)
Rockville, MD 20852
Strategy for Success
National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions
P.O. Box 5017-A
Champaign, IL 61825-5017
Medical School Admission Requirements, U.S. and Canada
American Association of Medical Colleges
Membership and Publication Orders
2450 N Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20037-1129
A Complete Preparation for the MCAT
James L. Betz Publishing Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 34361
Bethesda, MD 20827