Pre-Osteopathic Medicine Program
- Biology with labs (8 hours)
- General Chemistry with lab (8 hours)
- Organic Chemistry with lab (8 hours)
- General Physics with lab (8 hours)
- English Composition and/ or literature (6 hours)
- Official exam scores from the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- Biological Sciences - 4 hours
- Physics - 6 hours
- General Chemistry- 6 hours
- Organic Chemistry- 6 hours (Biochemistry may be counted)
- English Composition- 6 hours
- A minimum of 6 additional biomedical science credit hours at the 2000 level or above- to include- anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, virology, or genetics.
- 3.4/4.0 science GPA and cumulative GPA
- MCAT (within 4 years)
- US citizens or permanent US resident
Osteopathic Medical Schools in Alabama
910 South Donahue Drive, Auburn, AL 36832
Degree award: DO
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. residents.
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine - Dothan, Alabama
445 Health Sciences Boulevard
Dothan, AL 36303
Phone: (334) 699-2266
Degree award: DO
Four years -bachelor's degree, 4 years medical school, 3 -6 years graduate medical education (residency training).
Degree / Major
Any major is acceptable as long as you meet the minimal entrance requirements listed above.
Applicants must have completed 90 hours or three-fourths of the required credits for a baccalaureate degree and have completed the required courses listed below from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting body.
The following courses are strongly recommended for students to enter and survive medical school:
- Cell Biology
MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)
American College Testing Program
P.O. Box 414
Iowa City, IA 52243
AACOMAS (American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service)
Rockville, MD 20852
May 5 AACOMAS Application Portal Opens
March 1 AACOMAS Application Deadline
April 15 Supplemental Application and Supporting Documents Deadline
Strategy for Success
National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions
P.O. Box 5017-A
Champaign, IL 61825-5017
Medical School Admission Requirements, U.S. and Canada
American Association of Medical Colleges
Membership and Publication Orders
2450 N Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20037-1129
A Complete Preparation for the MCAT
James L. Betz Publishing Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 34361
Bethesda, MD 20827
Questions or comments? Contact the TROY Office of the Pre-Professional Studies.