If allegations of violation of policies on research with human subjects are made, the IRB and the Human Protections Administrator will investigate the allegations. If the IRB or the Human Protections Administrator determines that violation of the policy have taken place, the board will take one or more of the following actions:
- The project will be halted and researchers informed of corrections to be made before research can begin again. These corrections must be implemented and presented to the Board for review within 30 days of the notification
- Violations of the policy will be reported to the appropriate offices, who will decide
on appropriate disciplinary actions and penalties.
- Faculty—Department Chair/Academic Supervisor; Faculty Development Committee (if the research is funded by the Faculty Development Committee)
- Graduate Students—Faculty Advisor; Department Chair/Academic Supervisor; Dean of Student Affairs; College Dean; Dean of the Graduate School
- Undergraduate Students—Faculty Advisor; Department Chair/Academic Supervisor; Dean of Student Affairs; College Dean
- The offices will report their decisions and penalties to the IRB.
Please see below for full policy.