Application Checklist

For your convenience we have provided the following checklist of required information that you will need in order complete the admission process. We suggest you print a copy of this checklist for your records.

Application for Admission
To apply for admission to the Graduate School, go to to complete the Application for Admission and pay the non-refundable application fee.

Troy University Letter of Recommendation
Please complete the online form. The recommender should address the individual's potential for success in the selected graduate program and his/her written and oral communication skills. Letters submitted to meet specific program requirements may be used for admission to the Graduate School to satisfy this admission requirement.

Student Acknowledgement and Graduate Recommendation Form

Student Acknowledgement Only

Final official transcripts
Final official transcripts from all schools attended. Degree granting university must bear degree and date awarded. For information on TROY transcripts please contact Office of Academic Records at 1-800-414-5756.

Test scores
Test score results for the GRE (verbal and quantitative scores), MAT, or GMAT. Contact the Troy University Admission Office nearest you for appropriate test information and score requirements. Testing information may be obtained from the Graduate School Test option on the Graduate School home page. International students should refer to International Admissions requirements in the current graduate catalog.

Medical History Form (For Troy Campus students ONLY)
Medical History Form with medical documentation is required for all Troy Campus and students attending the School of Nursing. For further information please contact the Mary E. Rich Health Center, Troy University, Troy, Alabama, 36082 at 1-334-670-3452.

College of Education students
College of Education students must submit copy of all teaching certificates and an evaluation of teaching experience.

University parking
University parking is available for commuter and resident students. You should contact University Police or parking services office on your campus to receive information about campus parking procedures and to purchase a student parking sticker.

University housing (Troy Campus students only)
University housing is available on the Troy Campus. In order to apply for campus housing please contact the Troy University Housing and Residence Life Office at 1-334-670-3346.

Financial assistance
Financial assistance is available for TROY graduate students. For information please contact the Troy University Financial Aid Office at 1-800-414-5756.

Registration dates, class times, and schedule of classes
This information may be found on the Web site of the TROY location you plan to attend.

Transient students
Transient students must submit transient approval forms from institution currently attending and must receive medical clearance.

Graduate transfer students
Graduate transfer students should consult graduate bulletin for transfer hour limitations for your degree area. A Petition for Credit Form must be completed in order to apply credit. These forms are available your nearest Troy University site.

Readmission forms are available at the nearest Troy University site. You must be readmitted if you have been out of school for at least one full term excluding summer terms. You must be a student in good standing and remain enrolled in your previous masters degree program in order to be eligible for readmission. If other schools were attended during this time period contact the admissions office to determine appropriate admission procedures.
Beginning graduate school students will receive clearance as soon as all credentials are received by the Graduate Admissions Office at the TROY site you plan to attend. Temporary Admission may be granted for one term (maximum nine semester hours), if all requirements are not met prior to registration. The student must hold a Bachelors Degree from a regionally accredited university in order to qualify for admission to TROY graduate programs.

Professional Military Education Credit (PME)
Troy University awards transfer credit for specific Professional Military Education (PME) courses completed at select military service schools for which credit is recommended by the American Council on Education and approved by each appropriate College’s dean. The number of hours granted for each program is limited to a maximum of 12 semester hours. No credit may be granted for work that will be over eight years old at the time of graduation from the Troy University program for which transfer credit was requested. No waivers will be permitted.

Apply Now!