Tuition & Fees
View current Tuition & Fees chart at this link.
Refund of ESL Tuition
Students who leave early may receive a refund. The refund is disbursed to your Refund Selection Preference with BankMobile debit card. Learn more about BankMobile
- Refunds are due within 45 days after a student has formally withdrawn or been formally terminated regardless of reason for termination.
- If a student has deposited tuition and/or other refundable money before classes begin but never attends or enrolls, the refund due will be made within 45 days of the first day of class or from the date the student officially notifies ESL at Troy University he/she will not enroll, whichever is earlier.
- If a program or class for which the student has paid is canceled, a full refund will be made.
- If a student enters the US on an I-20 that includes studying ESL at Troy University and has paid but cancels or never attends, English as a Second Language will retain ESL tuition for 4 weeks plus non-refundable fees up to $500 indicated as such at the time of payment. The policies of the university housing contract will be applied.
- Enrolled students who are dismissed because of failure to attend (that is, more than 10 consecutive absences without communication to ESL), disciplinary actions, or violation of local, state, or federal laws will not receive a tuition refund.
- If a first-term student withdraws at any point in the first four weeks, the refund will be for the second four weeks only. For first-time students who withdraw after the first four weeks (mid-point of the 8-week term), there will be no refund. Students must withdraw using the ESL Withdrawal Form. This can be obtained from the ESL Director’s office, 113 Pace Hall.
- Students in August and January normally enroll for two terms. A student leaving for any reason who has been registered for a succeeding term will receive a full (100%) refund for that succeeding term.
- If a previously enrolled student withdraws from ESL in the first 4 weeks of class, the refund will be prorated up to the mid-point for the 8-week term plus the full amount for the second 4 weeks. The proration for the first 4 weeks will be done according to a weekly schedule. If a student has attended class on one day of a week, that week will be considered as having been attended. Students should withdraw using the ESL Withdrawal Form. This can be obtained from the ESL Director’s office, 131 Pace Hall.
Troy University has partnered with BankMobile, a financial services company, to disburse student refunds.
BankMobile is used for all refunds issued to students. If you drop a class during the drop/add period, or if you withdraw, you might be eligible for a refund. Visit http://troy.edu/refunds for additional information.