Graduate students at TROY are eligible for several scholarship opportunities that assist with the affordability of degree programs. Read through the options below to learn more about available scholarship opportunities. Available scholarships and deadlines are also accessible through the Scholarship Portal.
Select Scholarship Options Below To Learn More:
Foundation Scholarships are generously donated to the University at various amounts with various requirements per the donors' discretion. Each applicant is allowed to apply for as many Foundation Scholarships as they would like, with the possibility of being awarded only one.
- The amount of these scholarships vary
- Scholarships that are available to Graduate students will be listed in the description
- These scholarships, unless otherwise specified, are for one academic year
- The application deadlines are listed in the TROY Scholarship portal.
This scholarship is designed to encourage students from outside of Alabama to pursue graduate work at Troy’s Alabama campuses.
- Recipients must be “unconditionally” admitted to the graduate school including English proficiency requirements.
- The amount of this award is equal to the out-of-state portion of tuition costs.
- Students must maintain a 3.10 cumulative grade point average at the time of scholarship renewal to continue to receive the scholarship and must enroll in a minimum of nine hours per semester or six hours per term.
These assistantships enable eligible graduate students to receive financial support in exchange for working twenty hours per week in an academic department.
- Each student receives payments from their specific academic department, plus tuition assistance.
- These Assistantships are extremely competitive and are awarded by departments throughout the University.
- Students must complete a scholarship application in the Scholarship Portal and also an employment application
This scholarship is designed to encourage students from outside of Alabama to pursue graduate work at Troy’s Alabama campuses. Recipients must be “unconditionally” admitted to the graduate school. The scholarship will waive out-of-state tuition, but recipients must still pay at least the full rate of in-state tuition.
Students must maintain a 3.10 cumulative grade (at the time of scholarship renewal) point average to continue to receive the scholarship and must enroll in a minimum of nine hours per semester or six hours per term. At any point a recipient is “suspended” from the graduate school, the scholarship if forfeited.
This scholarship will provide the student up to $7,500 annually (two semesters, based on 9 credits enrolled per semester).
The TROY Military and Family Scholarship was introduced to further demonstrate the University’s commitment those who serve and those who support those who serve. It is also an important vehicle through which Troy University can express a meaningful “thank you for your service”. The Scholarship represents significant value and underlines the University’s commitment to making higher education more affordable for our nation’s military affiliated students.
- Reduces tuition to $250 per credit hour for currently serving members of the military, the National Guard, the Reserves and their spouses and college age dependents.
- Students must be either Applicants or Enrolled Students to be eligible.
- Service members need not submit an application for the scholarship (the military TA form will serve as the application). Members who have exhausted their military TA funding or decide not to utilize TA funding, should request the scholarship via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Scholarship is applicable to Undergraduate and Graduate level studies.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA at the Undergraduate level and a 3.0 GPA at the Graduate level.
- Scholarship recipients must resubmit the required certification form each year.
TROY offers several scholarships specifically for Online Learners that need assistance with tuition. Awards may be based on merit, earned transfer credit, military affiliation, or corporate partnership.