Military & Family Scholarship
The TROY Military and Family Scholarship was introduced to further demonstrate the University’s commitment to those who serve and those who support those who serve. It is also an important vehicle through which Troy University can express a meaningful “thank you for your service”. The Scholarship represents significant value and underlines the University’s commitment to making higher education more affordable for our nation’s military affiliated students.
The Scholarship reduces tuition to $250 per credit hour at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Must be currently serving in the active or reserve component of the US military
- Must be the spouse or dependent child of a currently serving service member, including National Guard and Reserves.
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled at any Troy University location
- Degree program level: Associate, Undergraduate, or Graduate.
- Service members need not submit an application for the scholarship (the military TA form will serve as the application). Members who have exhausted their military TA funding or decide not to utilize TA funding, should request the scholarship via email to email@example.com. All eligibility requirements and award details for the TROY Military & Family Scholarship apply to service members.
- Scholarship Application must be received prior to the start of the Term or Semester for which the dependent is applying for the scholarship.
- Must complete Verification of Spouse or Dependent Status form in the Scholarship Portal prior to the start of the semester/term. Re-validation will be required each year not later than July, 31 to maintain scholarship. Download "Request for Verification of Spouse or Dependent Status" Form.
- Maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA at the Undergraduate level or a 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the Graduate level throughout the degree program.
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or tuition assistance awarded by Troy University, VA Benefits (exception VA 1606/1607), or certain State benefits.
- Amount of award will be dependent on the number of credit hours the scholarship recipient registers for each semester or term.
- Amount of award will not exceed the credit hour requirements of the student’s initial program. Should the student change their degree program, they will be held to their original degree programs credit hour requirement.
- Scholarship can only be used toward one degree at each level (one associate’s, one bachelor’s degree, and one master’s degree).
- If you have additional questions, please call 1-800-414-5756 and ask to be directed to our Scholarship Management Specialist.