Undergraduate Online Scholarships
The TROY Military and Family Scholarship was introduced to further demonstrate the University’s commitment those who serve and those who support those who serve. It is also an important vehicle through which Troy University can express a meaningful “thank you for your service”. The Scholarship represents significant value and underlines the University’s commitment to making higher education more affordable for our nation’s military affiliated students.
- Reduces tuition to $250 per credit hour for currently serving members of the military, the National Guard, the Reserves and their spouses and college age dependents.
- Students must be either Applicants or Enrolled Students to be eligible.
- Service members need not submit an application for the scholarship (the military TA form will serve as the application). Members who have exhausted their military TA funding or decide not to utilize TA funding, should request the scholarship via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Scholarship is applicable to Undergraduate and Graduate level studies.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA at the Undergraduate level and a 3.0 GPA at the Graduate level.
- Scholarship recipients must resubmit the required certification letter each year.
- The award amount is $1500 annually
- Awarded to students who are non-Alabama residents
- Awarded to students with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Student must be pursing online degree
- Student must have completed at least 24 hours of college credit
Graduate Online Scholarships
The Troy University Military and Family Scholarship has been established to recognize the service of U.S. Active Military, Reserve and National Guard members by offering a scholarship to the service member, their spouse and/or dependent children.
The Scholarship reduces tuition to $250 per credit hour at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Must be currently serving in the active or reserve component of the US military
- Must be the spouse or dependent child of a currently serving service member, including National Guard and Reserves.
- Enrollment Status: Applicant or Enrolled
- Degree program level: Associate, Undergraduate, or Graduate.
- Service members need not submit an application for the scholarship (the military TA form will serve as your application). Members who have exhausted their military TA funding or decide not to utilize TA funding, should request the scholarship via email to email@example.com. All eligibility requirements and award details for the TROY Military & Family Scholarship apply to service members.
- Scholarship Application must be received 2 weeks prior to the start of the Term or Semester for which the dependent is applying for the scholarship.
- Must submit completed Verification of Spouse or Dependent Status form to the Scholarship Coordinator no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the semester/term. Re-validation will be required each year not later than July, 31 to maintain scholarship. Download "Request for Verification of Spouse or Dependent Status" Form.
- Maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA at the Undergraduate level or a 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the Graduate level throughout the degree program.
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or tuition assistance awarded by Troy University, certain VA Benefits (Ch. 33), or certain State benefits.
- Amount of award will be dependent on the number of credit hours the scholarship recipient registers for each semester or term.
- Amount of award will not exceed the credit hour requirements of the student’s initial program. Should the student change their degree program, they will be held to their original degree programs credit hour requirement.
- Scholarship can only be used toward one degree at each level (one associate’s, one bachelor’s degree, and one master’s degree).
- If you have additional questions, you can reach us at 1-800-414-5756.