Undergraduate students at TROY are eligible for several scholarship opportunities that assist in making college more affordable. While ACT/SAT scores are not required for admission to TROY, students must have at least a 20 ACT or 1030 SAT and a 3.0 GPA to apply for freshman scholarships.*
Merit scholarships are awarded based on high school academic merit. The application for these scholarships opens every year on Sept. 1 and closes on Dec. 1. Please note, scholarship deadlines are subject to change.
Foundation scholarships are awarded to students who meet the requirements set by the donating party. These can range from the academic program students are studying to where students live. Applications for Foundation Scholarships open every year on Jan. 1 and close on March 1.
*Troy University will consider scholarship applicants without their ACT scores through a review of the total student record, however, to ensure eligibility and maximize award value, students should submit all ACT/SAT testing records.
What's My Superscore?
Have you taken the ACT or SAT multiple times? TROY considers undergraduate students for scholarship awards based on their superscore.
Your superscore is calculated by averaging the best scores from each section of all tests that you’ve taken. This means that for scholarships, we review all applicants based on their overall performance. Your writing score does not calculate into your superscore and ACT and SAT scores cannot be combined for superscores. Contact your Admissions Counselor for more information on your superscore.
Select Scholarship Options Below to Learn More:
The Scholars PLUS Award
- Students with a 33-36 ACT/1450-1600 RSAT and a 3.7 GPA will receive tuition, full housing and meal plan
The Scholars Award
- Students with a 30-32 ACT/1360-1440 RSAT and a 3.7 GPA will receive tuition and basic housing
The Chancellor's Scholarship
- The award amount varies from $6,000- $10,000 annually
- Requirements are 26-29 ACT / 1230-1350 RSAT and 3.5 GPA
The Trojan Leadership Scholarship
- The award amount varies from $2,000- $4,000 annually
- Requirements are 20-25 ACT or/ 1030-1220 RSAT with 3.0 GPA
The Trojan Opportunity Expanded Scholarship
- The amount of this award is equal to the out-of-state portion of tuition costs.
- Applicants must be from out-of-state
TROY Legacy Scholarship
- This is a one-time $1,000 award and is non-renewable
- Requirements are 3.0 GPA/4.0 scale and at least 20 ACT/1030 RSAT
- Applicants must have a parent/grandparent that is a member of the National Alumni Association and/or a local Alumni Chapter
Sunshine Scholars Award
- This award varies from $1,000 -$2,000 and is renewable for 4 years with a 2.7 GPA
- Must be a high school student from the state of Florida or Georgia
- Requirements are 3.0 GPA/4.0 scale and at least 20 ACT/1030 RSAT
The Sorrell Scholars Award
The Sorrell College of Business, in conjunction with the TROY Office of Admissions, seeks to identify and enroll academically superior students who plan to pursue the undergraduate degree in Accounting, Economics or Global Business. Through the Sorrell Scholars Program, five entering freshmen will be named each year with the distinction of being a Sorrell Scholar. Sorrell Scholars will be selected out of The Scholars Award recipients. Sorrell Scholars will serve as student ambassadors for the Sorrell College of Business and be exposed to many of the operational aspects of the College.
Sorrell Scholars will receive additional scholarship monies through an endorsement from Sorrell College in the amount of $2,000.
The Alabama Girls and Boys State Scholarship
- $1,000 Non-Renewable
- Requires student to be unconditionally admitted with at least a 3.0 GPA/4.0 scale
- Must be or have been a participant & attendee of Alabama Girls State Program or Alabama Boys State Program
Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) Scholarship
- $1,000 Non-renewable
- Requires student to be unconditionally admitted to TROY with at least a 3.0 GPA/4.0 scale
- Must be or have been a participant & attendee of the HOBY Conference at TROY
Lion's Club Scholarship
- Awarded to high school seniors who represented their high school as a participant at the Lion's Club Leadership Conference
- Applicants must be unconditionally admitted to TROY with a minimum 3.0 high school GPA
The ONETROY Transfer Scholarship
Applicants must have completed at least 45 hours of transferable (non-technical, non-remedial) academic credit. Students must enroll in at least 12 hours each semester to maintain eligibility.
- Students with a 2.50 - 2.74 GPA are eligible for $1,000/year for 2 years (4 semesters).
- Students with a 2.75 - 2.99 GPA are eligible for $2,000/year for 2 years (4 semesters).
- Students with a 3.00 - 3.49 GPA are eligible for $3,000/year for 2 years (4 semesters).
- Students with a 3.50 + GPA are eligible for $4,000/year for 2 years (4 semesters).
Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Scholarship
- $5,000/year for 2 years.
- Applicant must be a member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
- Applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from PTK college advisor or their PTK certificate.
- This scholarship is competitive, and students submit an application to be considered.
- Students are not eligible to stack this scholarship with other TROY Transfer Scholarship.
Foundation Scholarships are generously donated to the University at various amounts with various requirements per the donors' discretion. Each applicant is allowed to apply for multiple Foundation Scholarships, with the possibility of being awarded only one. Foundation Scholarships are available for new and current students.
- The amount of these scholarships vary
- These scholarships, unless otherwise specified, are for one academic year
- The application deadline for Troy Campus Foundation Scholarships is March 1. All other deadlines are listed in the TROY Scholarship Portal.
The TROY Military and Family Scholarship was introduced to further demonstrate the University’s commitment those who serve and those who support those who serve. It is also an important vehicle through which Troy University can express a meaningful “thank you for your service”. The Scholarship represents significant value and underlines the University’s commitment to making higher education more affordable for our nation’s military affiliated students.
TROY offers several scholarships specifically for Online Learners that need assistance with tuition. Awards may be based on merit, earned transfer credit, military affiliation, or corporate partnership.
A variety of music, band and choir scholarships are available to a select group of students. Students interested in these opportunities must complete a scholarship application through AcademicWorks and complete an audition to receive consideration for these scholarships. Contact the appropriate person below for more information.
Band: Dr. Mark Walker, Director of Bands
(334) 670-3281 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Choral: Dr. Scott Sexton, Director of University Choirs
(334) 808-6679 and/or email@example.com
Piano/Orchestra: Dr. Hui Ting Yang, Interim Director, School of Music
(334) 670-3322 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
A variety of theatre and dance scholarships are available to a select group of students wanting to participate in TROY’s Department of Theatre and Dance. Students interested in these opportunities must complete a scholarship application through AcademicWorks and complete an audition to receive consideration for these scholarships.