Date Span: 1934 - 1941
Extent: 6 file folders
Historical Note: In 1927, Dothan Drug Company located on 111 West Main Street, Dothan, Alabama was owned by Harvey "Doc" McBryde. Dothan Drug Company served the community as a general pharmacy. The store was purchased on October 31, 1943 by Grady Watford of Dothan and Jim Bottoms of Graceville, Florida. Mr. Watford and Mr. Bottoms continued to maintain the pharmacy, renting office space to local doctors and attorneys. Today Eye Care and Associates occupy the building.
Scope/Content: Collection documents the daily financial transactions of Dothan Drug Company through check stubs, receipts for purchases for the store and blank checks.
Provenance: Elizabeth McBryde, widow of Harvey McBryde, married A. D. Carmichael. Archie Carmichael donated collection to William Holman, Executive Director of Dothan Landmark Foundation, Inc. Mr. Holman donated the collection to the Wiregrass Archives.
Processing Notes: No original order, so WA staff divided the collection by type of document then chronologically. Preferred Citation: [Item], Dothan Drug Co. Records, RG151. Wiregrass Archives, Troy University Dothan Campus, Dothan, AL.
Access Limits: Open Per Gift Agreement
Proc Date: 11/24/2008 Processor: Barbara Strickland
|151||08-1113||001||001||Check Stubs June 25, 1934 - April 10, 1935|
|151||08-1113||001||002||Check Stubs July 20, 1939 - January 1, 1940|
|151||08-1113||001||003||Check Stubs January 10, 1940 - July 10, 1940|
|151||08-1113||001||004||Check Stubs July 10, 1940 - January 10, 1941|
|151||08-1113||001||005||Receipts July 6, 1939 - January 6, 1940|