You can start an exciting career in real estate! As a growing population creates a greater housing need, there is projected to be an abundance of opportunities for real estate professionals. The increase in market activity will create an increased need for qualified salespeople and brokers. Get your real estate license and enter a profession with career potential!
REQUIREMENTS FOR AN ALABAMA REAL ESTATE LICENSE:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, alien, or legally present in the U.S.
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Show proof of bona fide residency in any state in the U.S.;
- Show proof of high school graduation or GED;
- Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Not have had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state within the past two years.
- After meeting the education and/or experience requirements, pass the licensing examination.
State exam must be taken within 6 months of successful completion of Introduction to Real Estate course.
Course ID: BUS001
Dates: Sept. 21 - Dec. 7, 2023, every Thursday (except November 23rd) 5:30-9:30pm and the following two Saturdays: Sept. 23 and Oct. 21 8:00am-4:00pm
Location: Dothan Campus, Malone Hall
Course Fee: $325. Payment is expected at the time of registration. Books are purchased separately and will cost approximately $75. Call the Continuing Education office for book information. Before the course begins, students need to read the first three chapters of the text.
Cancellations received in writing at least 24 hours prior to the first class meeting may receive a full refund. Once a course begins, refunds will not be issued.
For more information, contact the Continuing Education Center at 334-983-0005.
Real Estate and Appraisal Courses are self-paced so you can study on your own terms, whenever and wherever you like. There is no classroom time required. Courses are available 24/7 and you can begin immediately. Troy University has an agreement with The CE Shop to promote online course information to consumers and real estate licensees. Troy University is not the developer of these courses and is simply providing a referral. Any questions regarding course content or course technology should be directed to The CE Shop.
Choose from new license, post-license, upgrade-license, continuing education hours, or exam prep courses.