Requirements and Criteria
The minimum requirement for acceptance into the program is a compost score of 26 on the ACT, a composite score of 1250 on the SAT, and completion of the Troy University Honors Program Application.
To be officially inducted into the University Honors Program, a student must...
- Complete HON 1101 during the Spring semester of the freshman year
- Please note that HON 1101 does not replace TROY 1101, which is to be taken in the Fall semester of the freshman year.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.25 at the end of the Fall semester.
To graduate with Honors – as a University Honors Scholar, a student must...
- Complete HON 1101 in the Spring of the freshman year
- Complete LDR 4400 of the senior year
- Complete University Engagement (Faculty-led research, Study Abroad, and/or significant volunteer service)
- Complete Honors Thesis
Students are encouraged to attend the Honors orientation, which is held during the Summer Semester IMPACT orientation session.
A student may not be officially inducted into the University Honors Program until the end of his or her freshman year - provided the student meets minimum requirements.
Students are selected for the University Honors Program based on their composite score on the ACT/SAT examination. The student must have a minimum score of 26 on the ACT and/or a minimum score of 1250 on the SAT exam.
- Students must plan and register for HON 1101 in the Spring to be officially inducted into the Program.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 in the Fall and Spring of the freshman
year to be officially inducted into the Program.
- Students with a 3.25 GPA in the Fall will be considered for the Program and will be inducted after completion of HON 1101 with a satisfactory grade.