One-Time Gift - INTRO
- “Thank you for calling Troy Public Radio, my name is ____________, may I take your
Wait for donor to respond
- NOTE: If caller wants to give feedback and not make a donation, they should be forwarded to extension: 3568. Tell caller: “We value your feedback and so I’m going to transfer your call to our operations manager.”
- “Great, and thank you for your support. First, is this a one-time donation or would
you like to be set up on our new monthly sustaining donor plan? As a sustainer the
amount that you designate will be withdrawn from your account on the second Tuesday
of every month."
- ONE-TIME DONATION: USE THIS FORM.
- SUSTAINING DONATION: SWITCH TO THE SUSTAINING FORM.
- SUSTAINER INCREASE: SWITCH TO SUSTAINER INCREASE.
- Type your first name in the feedback box BEFORE you input anything else into the form.
- “Excellent, how much would you like to donate today?”
- Type the AMOUNT of the donation in the field provided.
- NOTE: NO DONATION AMOUNT CAN BE UNDER $10
- "Thank you. Are you a new donor to Troy Public Radio" or are you renewing your gift of support?”
- CHECK NEW= For Donors who are giving to TPR for the first time
- CHECK RENEWAL= For Donors who have given to TPR in the past and are in the database.
- “Would you like a premium or sponsorship with your gift?” Check the appropriate box for the level they have chosen to give. Consult your premium/sponsorship
guide for amounts.
You must select one of the following three options:
- A PREMIUM - (ALSO TYPE NAME OF PREMIUM - “Mug”, “Stam-Bag”, “Wait Wait Combo”, or “Sound of Music” IN FEEDBACK BOX)
- A SPONSORSHIP - (ALSO TYPE NAME OF SPONSORSHIP - “Day”, “Basic Week”, “Premium Week” IN FEEDBACK BOX)
- “May we use your name and city to thank you on the air?”
- You must select: “Yes” or “No”
- “Do you have any feedback to share about our programming or the station?”
- Type their feedback. SPELLING AND GRAMMAR ARE IMPORTANT AS THE DONOR WILL SEE WHAT YOU ARE TYPING. TAKE YOUR TIME.
- “Great, now may I have your first name and last name?”
Carefully enter first and last name. NOTE: Have them spell the name.
- “Thank you, now I need your email address? Optional: We will only use it to send a copy of your receipt to you. We will not share your email with parties outside of the station.”
- If they have an email address, they must provide it to process the transaction.
- If they don’t have an email address enter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OPERATOR - "We will mail your receipt to you"- Make a note in the feedback box so that we can mail the donor their receipt after the Fund Drive.
- “May I have the phone number" Enter phone number.
- “May I have the street address, city, and zip" Enter address.
- “Would you like to use a credit card today or have us send you an invoice for the donation?” If they would like to be sent an invoice for their pledge, click "Bill Me Later," otherwise, proceed to credit card.
- “What is the name on the credit card that you will be using?” Enter the name.
- “What is the number of the credit card you will be using?” Enter card slowly, confirming number as you go.
- “What is the expiration date on the card?” Enter expiration date.
- "What is the security code on the card?" Enter the security code.
- NEXT: READ THE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION BACK FOR ACCURACY.
- GO BACK UP TO THE TOP OF THE FORM AND READ BACK EVERYTHING UP TO CREDIT CARD.
- Click “DONATE” – IF ERRORS EXIST MARK THE LOG ACCORDINGLY – THEN CORRECT THE ERRORS AND HIT RESUBMIT
- After transaction goes through:
“Thank you again for your support of Troy Public Radio, shortly a confirmation of your donation will be sent to you by email. Have a great day!”