Sustaining Gift - INTRO
- “Thank you for calling Troy Public Radio, my name is ____________, may I take your
Wait for donor to respond
- NOTE: If caller wants to give feedback and not make a donation, they should be forwarded to extension: 3568. Tell caller: “We value your feedback and so I’m going to transfer your call to our operations manager.”
- “Great, and thank you for your support. First, is this a one-time donation or would you like to set up a sustaining monthly donation?”
- ONE-TIME DONATION: SWITCH TO ONE-TIME DONATION FORM
- SUSTAINING DONATION: USE THIS FORM. NOTE: YOU MUST CHECK “MAKE THIS A MONTHLY GIFT BOX.”
- SUSTAINER INCREASE: SWITCH TO SUSTAINER INCREASE.
- Type your first name in the feedback box BEFORE you input anything else into the form.
- "What amount would you like to designate as your monthly donation to Troy Public Radio?"
- Type the AMOUNT of the donation in the field provided.
- NOTE: NO DONATION AMOUNT CAN BE UNDER $10
- "Thank you. Are you a new donor to Troy Public Radio" or are you renewing your gift of support?”
- CHECK NEW= For Donors who are giving to TPR for the first time
- CHECK RENEWAL= For Donors who have given to TPR in the past and are in the database.
- “Would you like a premium or sponsorship with your gift?” Check the appropriate box for the level they have chosen to give. Consult your premium/sponsorship
guide for amounts.
You must select one of the following three options:
- A PREMIUM - (ALSO TYPE NAME OF PREMIUM - “Mug”, “Stam-Bag”, “Wait Wait Combo”, or “Sound of Music” IN FEEDBACK BOX)
- A SPONSORSHIP - (ALSO TYPE NAME OF SPONSORSHIP - “Day”, “Basic Week”, “Premium Week” IN FEEDBACK BOX)
- “May we use your name and city to thank you on the air?”
- You must select: “Yes” or “No”
- “Do you have any feedback to share about our programming or the station?”
- Type their feedback. SPELLING AND GRAMMAR ARE IMPORTANT AS THE DONOR WILL SEE WHAT YOU ARE TYPING. TAKE YOUR TIME.
- “Great, now may I have your first name and last name?”
Carefully enter first and last name. NOTE: Have them spell the name.
- “Thank you, now I need your email address? Optional: We will only use it to send a copy of your receipt to you. We will not share your email with parties outside of the station.”
- If they have an email address, they must provide it to us to process the transaction.
- If they don’t have an email address enter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OPERATOR - "We will mail your receipt to you"- Make a note in the feedback box so that we can mail the donor their receipt after the Fund Drive.
- “May I have the phone number associated with the credit card?” Enter phone number.
- “May I have the street address, city, and zip associated with the credit card?” Enter address.
- “Is the name the same on the credit card that you will be using?” Enter the name.
- “What is the number of the credit card you will be using?” Enter card slowly, confirming number as you go.
- “What is the expiration date on the card?” Enter expiration date.
- "What is the security code on the card?" Enter the security code.
- NEXT: READ THE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION BACK FOR ACCURACY.
- GO BACK UP TO THE TOP OF THE FORM AND READ BACK EVERYTHING UP TO CREDIT CARD.
- Click “DONATE” – IF ERRORS EXIST MARK THE LOG ACCORDINGLY – THEN CORRECT THE ERRORS AND HIT RESUBMIT
- After transaction goes through: “Thank you again for your support of Troy Public Radio, shortly a confirmation of your donation will be sent to you by email. Have a great day!”